breed & sex identification help

LouieLouie

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2017
Ashe County, NC
Good morning gang! We adopted/rescued this flock recently and haven't been able to identify breed and/or sex of some of them. I was hoping you could help. Thanks for any info you can share!

This is "Little". She's definitely a hen, super sweet, and my favorite but don't tell the others. :)

I've been told the larger gray girl is a Thai Gamefowl. The little one next to her, I'm not sure about. She's also really tiny and sweet.

These are the 3 I'm most unsure about. Are they hens or roos? The 3 below are the same ones in this pic.

The first white one of the three whites together is a cockerel. His saddle feathers are showing. The other two are hens. They look like white rocks to me. As for the first three they are all hens, but I am not sure what they are. The big one is gamey.

Hey I got some Rhode Island Reds 4 weeks ago and one looks different than the others. I'm just curious is it really a Rhode Island Red, and if you can tell me the gender that would be great! Thanks

What type of comb does "Little" have? She's probably an Old English Game bantam mix. The thai fowl is probably a Thai gamefowl or another similar breed like Malay, Aseel, or Shamo (I get those breeds mixed up all the time). The little bird next the gamefowl could be a Belgian Bearded D'Anvers mix or even a bantam Easter Egger, if she lays pinkish or green/blue eggs. I'm thinking all of the white birds are males.

Back
Top Bottom