breeders

Quote:
Most breed to the standard, even if they do not show. The APA book of standard.or ABA book for bantams, it is good place to start, breeding to what you are looking for if you have clear idea works to or a combination. By using the standard you will get an idea what birds to cull. Some breeds don't show there true 'colors' till they are at least 9months old.

1 LIL TINY PROBLEM HERE...... QUAIL HAVE NO SHOW STANDARDS.

SORRY I WAS LATE TO THE PARTY
smile.png

Well we can still talk about how we select for breeders. I am about to do it again with my six week olds. Now that they are starting to lay.

edited to add: I'll take all the advise I can get on these little gals and guys.

Last edited:
ok since I'm completely new to this and not sure how many eggs I'll have hatch say I only have a few ,should I keep all to breed and if I have more male should I keep them 1-1 with hen till I get a good supply of hen and then choose the largest offspring then cull the parent pair?

Quote:
IF YOU'RE REFERING TO COTURNIX THE 1:1 RATIO MAY NOT WORK WELL. THEY PREFER HAREMS 1:3-5 SEEMS TO WORK BEST AND MAINTAIN GREAT FERTILITY. BY USING THE HAREM METHOD IT WILL IMPROVE YOUR HEN'S OVERALL HEALTH... MANY COTURNIX ROOS CAN BE OVERLY AMOROUS AND BY DOING SO ROUGH UP THE HEN.... MORE HENS CAN "SHARE THE WEALTH" OF YOUR LIL COTURNIX HUNKA HUNKA BURNIN LOVE
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom