Breeding Aseels

Pics
I should have called the thread breeding pure Aseel, but my hen is only 7/8's Aseel. The whole intent was to work with some that was pure.

Stag has yet to tidbet for hen. May daughter catches grasshoppers for them and the stag takes them and runs.

I should have called the thread breeding pure Aseel, but my hen is only 7/8's Aseel. The whole intent was to work with some that was pure.

Stag has yet to tidbet for hen. May daughter catches grasshoppers for them and the stag takes them and runs.
So where you're at in your breeding? Still going with it or not? Looking for different stock, using what you have? Real question

So where you're at in your breeding? Still going with it or not? Looking for different stock, using what you have? Real question
Stag side I am staying with. Doing a dummy run with current hen and will still likely keep a couple pullets. I will try to find a quality hen elsewhere. New hen needs to be Rampuri.

Why does it matter in this case? @Florida Bullfrog Aseels are dead enders as far as Aseels go. They are being bred into something to produce something that will not be Aseel and not even gamefowl. If they are to be bred to Aseels to produce what called Aseels, then you have a valid point.
whats Your point? I’m just speaking from a preservationist point of view. i could care less what some mongrel chickens a novice breeds. I get that most here are novices

whats Your point? I’m just speaking from a preservationist point of view. i could care less what some mongrel chickens a novice breeds. I get that most here are novices
I do not think he is preserving anything. His efforts are entirely in the realm of mongrel. The birds produced will become history only if remembered and recorded, otherwise they will simply die out when he looses interest.

We are up to eight eggs in nest plus three to be set in incubator as soon as it stabilizes this evening. The incubator is a homemade unit that does OK but requires being checked at least twice daily. My 8-year old son is learning how everything works. He will be marking the three Aseel eggs for his own little experiment. They will be mixed in with about 5 dozen American Dominique eggs and half-dozen game eggs. The kids where the ones that realized we could sort out the Aseels by touch alone. We will split the games all into a brooder of their own.

The first two chicks are taking forever to grow. Feather replacement pattern throws me off.

Then what are you complaining about? I made no claim to be interested in preserving aseels it wasn’t clear that was what this thread was about. I only participated because I thought it was an open discussion about hatching aseels among people with little prior experiences with them or other oriental gamefowl. Up to this point I haven’t crossed mine with anything, so until I do this first generation of mine is as pure as the original breeder bred them to be. When the time comes for me to cross them, that won’t be discussed in this thread.

So, take a deep breath and relax.

Back
Top Bottom