Breeding Delawares to the Standard of Perfection

These are pictures of some pullets I raised this year. They are from a Del rooster and a F2 pullet. The F2 pullet came from stock that I had gotten from Kathy.

They are four months. I guess you could call there neck color striped. It does need some correcting.

Thanks
Scott

That old saying you have to build the barn before you can paint it is what I am trying to do with my Delawares. Some day I hope to accomplish the correct coloring but as people know it is tough to get to that point.

That old saying you have to build the barn before you can paint it is what I am trying to do with my Delawares. Some day I hope to accomplish the correct coloring but as people know it is tough to get to that point.

That's what I'm doing, too. Trying to train my eye to see through the color of the feathers to the shape of the body & tail. I think the trio I started with this year has pretty good shape ... The trick is going to be picking which chicks from this year's bunch have the best shapes for moving forward. It would be great if they also had nice color ...

At the ages of my chicks, color is about all there is to look at, so it gets distracting!

Leslie what is the correct pattern?
I'm far from an expert, but on the first page of this thread someone posted this ...
Well - here is what we are all looking for Please enter my order for one Cock and five Hens from the above. LOL I look at these every time I think we have a nice SOP Delaware and it brings me back to reality LOL

Back
Top Bottom