Breeding for long laying season

Myshire Farm is currently doing a youtube series on all their different colors and sized quail. Its very informative. For each "color/size" Zack gives a statistical breakdown for how to breed for and what type of egg production each color/size quail produces. So far each segment has been around 10 min. It may be something you want to look up.

Mine have't stopped the past two autumns. They are outside and I haven't given them extra light. I have pretty unusual quails though.

How are they unusual? 🙂

Are you sure they don't get light where they are. Mine are outside under a window, and our lights are often on until late. The yard is quite bright even without extra lighting. I've wondered if that itself would be enough light. They haven't stopped yet.

Myshire Farm is currently doing a youtube series on all their different colors and sized quail.

That sounds brill thanks. 👍

How are they unusual? 🙂

Are you sure they don't get light where they are. Mine are outside under a window, and our lights are often on until late. The yard is quite bright even without extra lighting. I've wondered if that itself would be enough light. They haven't stopped yet.

No, they're not really near any other light sources.

Back
Top Bottom