BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Condolences to the Family, both by Blood and by BYC membership
hugs.gif

I am so sorry to hear this. I really valued his posts on this forum as well as on the Naked Neck forum, as well as his advice to me via PM. He once offered to have his son Jason swing by on his way through Texas and drop off 500 chicks if I wanted! (A bit much for me...)

He will be missed.

-- Ant Farm

I know many here have been missing Hellbender and wondering about his well-being. His son, Jason, gave me permission to update everyone.

It is with a heart heavy with sadness that I report that after returning home to be with his family, Hellbender (Ron) was taken off his respirator and died in the early hours on Thursday, June 16th. His family held a small, private Irish wake for him. My heart goes out to them and to all who loved him, and it is my greatest hope that their grief will soon abate enough for them to smile at their memories of him rather than weep.

I never had the honor of meeting Hellbender in person, but that has in no way lessened the tremendously positive impact he had on me. I miss my friend; I miss his delightfully warped sense of humor, his sagacious instruction, and his enormously kind heart. To this day I cannot comprehend why, of all the people he met here on the BYC, he chose to befriend me and share so much with me. In spite of his numerous frustrations with electronic communication, he never hesitated to offer me guidance and encouragement as I strove to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible about poultry keeping, and he never hesitated to lend me his ear when I simply needed to vent some frustrations about life in general or receive some much-needed advice. He was a very generous man who shared with me his abundant love for his family, his concerns and perspectives on world events, and the wisdom of his years.

Yes, I miss my friend, as I’m sure so many others here do, but I am also tremendously grateful to him for all he gave me. I am grateful for the opportunity to have also met his son, Jason, and his daughter, Ariel, through him, and for meeting so many other extraordinary people here on the thread Hellbender created. It is a tribute to him that so many will continue to learn and grow because of environment he created here.

Thank you, Hellbender. You will be sorely missed.

Amen and very well said...echoes many of my own thoughts and feelings for Ron. Some folks leave a big hole that's hard to fill when they exit this plane of existence and Ron is one of those. I hope to see him again one day soon and laugh about all things to do with chickens and life. Prayers have been said for your family, Jason.

I know many here have been missing Hellbender and wondering about his well-being. His son, Jason, gave me permission to update everyone.

It is with a heart heavy with sadness that I report that after returning home to be with his family, Hellbender (Ron) was taken off his respirator and died in the early hours on Thursday, June 16[SUP]th[/SUP].  His family held a small, private Irish wake for him. My heart goes out to them and to all who loved him, and it is my greatest hope that their grief will soon abate enough for them to smile at their memories of him rather than weep.

I never had the honor of meeting Hellbender in person, but that has in no way lessened the tremendously positive impact he had on me. I miss my friend; I miss his delightfully warped sense of humor, his sagacious instruction, and his enormously kind heart. To this day I cannot comprehend why, of all the people he met here on the BYC, he chose to befriend me and share so much with me.  In spite of his numerous frustrations with electronic communication, he never hesitated to offer me guidance and encouragement as I strove to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible about poultry keeping, and he never hesitated to lend me his ear when I simply needed to vent some frustrations about life in general or receive some much-needed advice. He was a very generous man who shared with me his abundant love for his family, his concerns and perspectives on world events, and the wisdom of his years.

Yes, I miss my friend, as I’m sure so many others here do, but I am also tremendously grateful to him for all he gave me. I am grateful for the opportunity to have also met his son, Jason, and his daughter, Ariel, through him, and for meeting so many other extraordinary people here on the thread Hellbender created. It is a tribute to him that so many will continue to learn and grow because of environment he created here.

Thank you, Hellbender. You will be sorely missed. 

Thank you @Desert Chic for the update.

To Jason, Turk and Ariel I send my condolences and prayers for you.

I too will miss Ron "Hellbender" and his great information on chickens. Keep in touch with us all here on BYC

The kindness and generosity displayed to strangers on the internet no doubt extended into many personal relationships. A life well lived leaves many sad hearts. I will miss that old rabbit.

Back
Top Bottom