BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

A lot of good points here. So glad I subscribed to this thread, y'all are so passionate in what your doing and what your talking about. I haven't seen any of this on any other thread. Now I'm going to have to start from the beginning and read the whole darn thing Lol! Guess that's what I'll have to do to find hellbender's feed recipe anyway Lol.

When you find it please post the page number.
Thanks MK

A lot of good points here. So glad I subscribed to this thread, y'all are so passionate in what your doing and what your talking about. I haven't seen any of this on any other thread. Now I'm going to have to start from the beginning and read the whole darn thing Lol! Guess that's what I'll have to do to find hellbender's feed recipe anyway Lol.

go to Hellbender's profile and find all his posts, I remember it on another thread. It might have been one or two years ago.

https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/backyard_flock.html

DC if you can find this book. I highly recommend it I've had a couple copies through my yrs. and it really covers a lot of info. I believe the author has died and the book isn't as available as it once was. The info in it isn't the run of the mill stuff you read on line or I in other poultry books. It takes you outside the box. This was what opened my eyes to the imagined value of fermenting oats. Compared to just soaking. Mr strecker was one that would go out under his roosting poultry and study droppings.

Thanks for the recommendation! I just located a copy and ordered it.

I can't find the specific post now about the keel bone and feeling for condition/fat but I have a question. If I'm holding a chicken and the running my fingers down her keel bone, should the flesh on either side of it be even with the leading edge of the keel bone or should it slope towards her back so that the keel bone is more like the peak of a ridge? What, generally speaking, indicates good weight. Generally speaking...I realize there will be varietal and line differences.

M

I honestly don't feel like typing out my feed 'Formula' again. If someone know's how/where to find it and want's to copy it to here, I surely wouldn't mind at all!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom