BREEDING FOR PRODUCTION...EGGS AND OR MEAT.

Well I have 18 eggs in the incubator! They're from my mixed flock. The dads are either my BBS standard Cochin roo or my project roo I put on here before who has grown alot since then!

Part of the mixed flock.

[IMG

The priject roo Bubba

Bubbas mom

And Bubba again.

I have eggs from Bubba and his mom. I hope the chicks from them grt just as big.

Last edited:
Well, okay then. I don't like speckled sussex. They are cannibalistic and egg eaters. They dont get very big and really hogs at the feed trough. Enough said about those stupid birds. They were all put in the soup pot!
clap.gif

Well, okay then. I don't like speckled sussex. They are cannibalistic and egg eaters. They dont get very big and really hogs at the feed trough. Enough said about those stupid birds. They were all put in the soup pot!
clap.gif
I am sure I posted about this before. Something else was going on with them.

Find a local mentor and have them help you figure out what was going on with the flock before replacing them with another breed.

Chicken soup is always tasty.

Well I have 18 eggs in the incubator! They're from my mixed flock. The dads are either my BBS standard Cochin roo or my project roo I put on here before who has grown alot since then!

Part of the mixed flock.

[IMG

The priject roo Bubba

Bubbas mom

And Bubba again.

I have eggs from Bubba and his mom. I hope the chicks from them grt just as big.
Nice flock! What's your goal for your project birds?

Nice flock! What's your goal for your project birds?

I want some really good layers but big meaty birds. I also want them to be good foragers. Idk hiw long I will keep this project going. I am getting some Buckeyes and they might be exactly what I need!

I want some really good layers but big meaty birds. I also want them to be good foragers. Idk hiw long I will keep this project going. I am getting some Buckeyes and they might be exactly what I need!

Do I see some Buff Brahma's in your flock? That's one of the breeds I've been coveting for a while and trying to decide whether or not to add them to my motley crew.

Back
Top Bottom