Breeding Golden Comets

Quote:
Ouch! I hear they fill all of their pullet orders before the straight run orders, so the odds are good for being overloaded with roos.

Quote:
Its because the hens are the sex link color and the rooster are carring the sex link color hidden. so you will get males and females that sex link color.

You could also breed pure breed sex link. Like RIR X RIW HENS=RIR Pullets and RIW cockerels

Quote:
Whats a RIR, so if i did get a RIR cockeral and breedit with the white rock hen, then i will have another flock of gloden comets?

Sweet
big_smile.png

Well here the deal...... i am getting around 12 golden comets (hens) and i want them to have chicks, i know that i will need to get a cockral ideally this will be a golden comet aswell,

Dose this mean that all my chicks will golden coments?

Also once i have got the cockral what do i do? I know you need an incubator ext but i have no idea where to go from there. Also once i have a cockral when do the hens stop laying? And how do i tell if an egg has been fertilsed? Just looking for as much help and input from as many people as possible...... thanks !

One last thing, how do i limit the amount of chicks i get as i dont want hundreds of them ! Max of 20 !.

Thanks again !
big_smile.png
They will only breed true for 3 generations . I used to breed my golden comets many times for many years .

Back
Top Bottom