Breeding help

Again with not giving all the information needed.

1. All your birds were together.
2. You pulled the Silver-laced Polish male and two Lavender Orpingtons and one Buff Orpington hen and put them in a breed pen?
3. You waited a week and started setting eggs, so the hens could still have retained sperm from other males for another two-three weeks so there's no guarantee the Polish was the father.

Any other pertinent information you're leaving out. You keep dropping little tidbits of information as the post progresses. Why are you sure the dam was a Lavender Orpington and not a Buff Orpington?

its gray and there would be some buff colouring and i put a cockerel and the polish roo in but i think he may have mounted the lavender

I believe she’s the result of a buff Orpington hen x lavender Orpington rooster. Her pattern is very similar to other buff x lavender/black crosses I’ve seen.

its gray and there would be some buff colouring and i put a cockerel and the polish roo in but i think he may have mounted the lavender
Not always. If the lavender orp has silver (all chickens have gold and/or silver even if they don’t outwardly show it) the silver would overtake the buff/gold.

Her coloring appears to be blue with silver leakage. I’m guessing your lavender orp is a blue lavender rather than a “regular” black lavender.

Last edited:
Lavender is Black, just diluted. The bird being grey doesn't indicate a Lavender Orpington as the dam. Quite frankly without all of the details and possible parents there's no way anyone can pinpoint the combination that yielded that particular hen. I think it's rather clear that the Polish didn't breed the Orpingtons. And I'd doubt the Silver-laced Wyandottes did either.
and i put a cockerel and the polish roo in
What cockerel?
but i think he may have mounted the lavender
What he?

Do you see why this is hard for us to figure out what's going on? lol Anyway, if you want to try to recreate the bird, I'd mimic whatever it was you did to begin with and see what happens.

But for now...

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f...gif

Does this chicken look more like a silver laced polish mix? or silver laced wyndotte mix? i want to make that breed again BUT i had 2 silver laced roos AND only the polish was mature and mounting but it does not have the poof HELP?!?!
Any Polish mix will have a crested head. If the parent in question is purebred, anyway.

i want to make that breed again BUT i had 2 silver laced roos
I forgot to answer this part. To recreate her, I would breeder her back to a lavender Orpington, a buff Orpington, and/or blue Orpington, since her breed appears to be (blue) lavender orp x buff orp.

Back
Top Bottom