Breeding Pairings for 2015

My peas showed no more interest in the opossum after I had stepped on it and it quit moving. They all headed back to the pen for evening supper and to roost.
That is how my peas are they sound the alert and follow the trespasser till the dogs come take it out then once it is dead they just ignore it, like this dead snake and the turtle i put back in the pond

I am surprised your peas don't take out the snakes. Mine will kill smaller snakes but I never seen a big one so don't know. In India they are known as cobra killers, one of the reasons the royalty kept peacocks. :).

Oh and here is a fact I didn't know... Sis was watching a show other day, it said it is believed that the reason the tail of the peacock is to confuse the snakes and or other prey, with the "eye" feAthers.

Last edited:
That dog looks pretty proud of himself for killing the snake. Question, why did you put the dead snake and turtle back in the pond?
LOL i only pet the turtle back in the pond the buzzards ended up with the snake
wink.png

I am surprised your peas don't take out the snakes. Mine will kill smaller snakes but I never seen a big one so don't know. In India they are known as cobra killers, one of the reasons the royalty kept peacocks.
smile.png
Now why would they wanna go take away the dogs job????

The snakes get pretty big here and these big ones are constrictors so i am glad the peas wait for the dogs.

I have 1 IBBS peacock. 2BS hens, and 1 IB hen all 2 yrs old. I also have another BS hen She is less than a yr old. I know she is too young. I am going to take the 2 BS hens to mandyok to mate with 2 of her older peacocks. That leaves me with the IB hen and the IBBS peacock. What are the chances the 2 yr make will mate with the 2 yr old hen?

It really depends on the peas. Almost all of mine have matured early and were mating and laying eggs by age two. I was very surprised to have a yearling hen also hatch out 3 babies. I think that's a bit unusual but not completely rare.

Back
Top Bottom