Breeding peafowl

Yes I my peahen is a 2022 hatch, and my peachicks (2 peacocks and 1 peahen) are 2023 hatch. They were hatched in June 2023 so would they breed next year?

Thanks

Yes I my peahen is a 2022 hatch, and my peachicks (2 peacocks and 1 peahen) are 2023 hatch. They were hatched in June 2023 so would they breed next year?

Thanks
2023 hatch, yearlings are not likely to lay. It is not unheard of but not likely. I have had two or three hens lay and about half of them did not develop. The 2022 hen will definitely lay although she might or might not go broody.

Early hatch two-year IB type cocks are usually good breeders although most are better with older hens. Two-year hens will lay a few eggs but not as many as she will at three. Good to see you check in!
Thanks KsKingBee, nice you noticed me, LOL! Sometimes I feel invisible. Still lost on backyardchickens. Mostly hang out on facebook reguarding my birds which I love. Now have Black Shoulder Silver Pied color. Maybe referred to as Black Shoulder Pied White-Eye?? Will try to post a photo of my grown male and female. Worked!! (-:

Attachments

• IMG_5929.jpg
    IMG_5929.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5207.jpg
    IMG_5207.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 4
Thanks KsKingBee, nice you noticed me, LOL! Sometimes I feel invisible. Still lost on backyardchickens. Mostly hang out on facebook reguarding my birds which I love. Now have Black Shoulder Silver Pied color. Maybe referred to as Black Shoulder Pied White-Eye?? Will try to post a photo of my grown male and female. Worked!! (-:
BSSP and BS Pied are my favorite patterns as they have more color than Wild Type.

They are gorgeous, Sweetpea is getting ready to lay eggs, she's scouting around the area looking for a safe space, she's roaming around a lot more now and honking so I think she's calling a peacock, the nearest ones are 2 miles away.

Back
Top Bottom