Breeding project- bearded OE (mine don't have them and ee's are not available)

Pics

Silkie Princess

Crossing the Road
Jun 24, 2021
Slovakia, Europe
My Coop
My Coop
Hi! So I've been thinking about hatching plans and I've already got one project starting this year. Okay so back to the story:

I want to make muffed (silkie) coloured egg layers (OE). Also @Weeg I'm not trying to copy your projectšŸ˜‰ Just to specify that.

Traits:
- Hard feathering
- black skin
- ideally 5 toes (but it doesn't really matter)
- beard and muffs
- blue or green egg shells

And now the colour. I have a partridge Silkie rooster I want to use, and two OE pullets (still more than 2 months till thy will be POL). One of them is white with black patches and orange-ish hackles. She is crested. The other one is grey with copper hackles and a light/white breast. She is not crested. Which one should I use?

I will post pics of them in a while

And this is the look I'm going for:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220123_143420_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220123_143420_com.android.chrome.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Or I could use my OE cockerel and Silkie hensšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Here is the cockerel and a pullet

also the colours are totally unpredictable with these birds The seller that hatched these had a gray rooster and red hens. I got a gray pullet, splash pullet and barred roosteršŸ¤£

Attachments

• 25596FE4-7470-4260-83FC-8F2F2B6F6AA9.jpeg
    25596FE4-7470-4260-83FC-8F2F2B6F6AA9.jpeg
    687 KB · Views: 8
  • 64F1AEB9-461B-445A-89AC-AE9688D42B62.jpeg
    64F1AEB9-461B-445A-89AC-AE9688D42B62.jpeg
    527 KB · Views: 7
This seems like an interesting project. Maybe you could breed the silkie rooster over olive egger hens, and the olive egger rooster over the silkie hens, and see which offspring have the best colored eggs, and breed them back to silkies, to obtain silkie feathers, and keep any that lay color eggs, are silkied, are bearded, and and fit any of the other features best that you want.

This seems like an interesting project. Maybe you could breed the silkie rooster over olive egger hens, and the olive egger rooster over the silkie hens, and see which offspring have the best colored eggs, and breed them back to silkies, to obtain silkie feathers, and keep any that lay color eggs, are silkied, are bearded, and and fit any of the other features best that you want.
Interesting! Thanks. I will do that

I want hard feathering

Back
Top Bottom