Breeding Project Spring 2014

Teachick we could do a hatch along in the spring. I love your project cause it's the same as mine.
smile.png

Sounds good to me. =)
What do I do?
I feel like there's an obvious answer, but....
hide.gif

Sounds great!
Let us know how it goes and pretty please post pics!
jumpy.gif

this thing will hold up to 150 chicken eggs
D.gif

i better get it fired up at once :)
i was hoping that a couple more of my english orpington pullets would start laying for me
so far just one is on the case so i guess i'll have a go at hatching her 5 eggs that i saved up

this thing will hold up to 150 chicken eggs
D.gif

i better get it fired up at once :)
i was hoping that a couple more of my english orpington pullets would start laying for me
so far just one is on the case so i guess i'll have a go at hatching her 5 eggs that i saved up

Saved up? How long can you save an egg and still expect it to hatch?

Okay, my breeding plans have changed slightly. I'm still going to let my Jersey Giant and Cochin (Bantam Frizzle) clutch and hatch whatever they want for their first brood of the year.

In the meantime...
I want to make a small homemade incubator and hatch out some early Leghorns, so I can get them established laying early in the summer.
IDK how many yet.
I'll have to wait until we know exactly what's going on with the puppies b/c we don't have time for a bunch of puppies and a bunch of new peeps at the same time.
I'm also going to need some help with sexing them, but I have a friend that I think will help me with that.

If I read it now, I'm more likely to rely on misremembered information.
I want to hatch out some chicks in February, so I'll read it closer to that time when I'm going to be able to focus and read it several times.

Back
Top Bottom