Breeding Questions

Nov 18, 2023
I had an idea to get a few roos and keep them together in a separate coop away from my hens and cycle the different roos in a breeding coop with some hens every so often to get different chick crosses. I realized that this might make the rooster who just finished his time with the hens more cocky and wanting to assert his dominence. Do you think that this will happen and cause unnecessary stress among my birds? Another question that I had was if it would be to stressful for my roosters if I moved them around to a different place during the summers.

Do you think that this will happen and cause unnecessary stress among my birds? Another question that I had was if it would be to stressful for my roosters if I moved them around to a different place during the summers.

Well, yes. It would be less stressful for all if you kept each pen with its respective male. If you'd still like to switch the males around, keep it to a minimum

but if my roosters were in their own coop like all of the time exept about 2 or 3 times when only one leaves to breed would that be ok?

I just take said hen to male i want to breed hold her he does her and she goes back to her coop... Taking males in and out will cause issues and then gotta wait weeks for hens to clean out system from last male which can take a month or longer

Back
Top Bottom