BREEDING: Spalding hen x spalding male = ????

SPIRITWINDBIRDS

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 31, 2012
Wisconsin
Hi again everyone...again I need some help on my genetics. I am getting a spalding hen and plan on breeding her to what I believe to be a spalding male ( sometimes he looks like my blue but more green/yellow down his back and at times I can see VERY emerald green patches on his neck, always in the same places) anyway question is: If he is a spalding & bred to a spalding what colors can I expect in the chicks? AND if he is a blue bred to a spalding what color can I expect in the chicks?? Sorry for so many breeding/color questions, but without questions there is no knowledge gained. Thanks for the help

What I've learned this year: it depends on if they are split to anything such as white or pied. But you will have Spalding no matter what. If you get a pied or white chick it would be white or pied Spalding.

Spalding (whether hen or cock) bred to any other colour or variety of peafowl produces 100% spalding offspring.

Thank you both for the help.:) :) Spalding, pied or white are all fine with me :) it will be a gamble because I don't know if either are split, but I guess I will find out ;) THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE...you are all so helpful :)

Every time you breed a spalding to other colors like Indiablue, the percent of green blood is cut by 50 %. even though you get spalding ( hybrid ) chicks.

Back
Top Bottom