Breeds good with heat?

The turken's will grow on you. I only have one left in my flock now. My next door neighbor kept buying what was left of my Naked Neck's. They lay egg's well, and mine were friendly and went broody. The girl's like to chatter with you when you go out there. I only have one red Naked Neck left now, and I am switching over to the Bielefelder's.

Oh, and the Naked Neck's not only have no neck feather, but they also have less feathering on the body then other breed's. That's what help's to keep them cooler.
I was surprised how many eggs mine lays. She's still young, but I don't think she's missed a day yet.

If I weren't so keen on getting some colored eggs, I'd probably get more NNs. Right now I have an order for EEs, OEs, and Legbars.

I got home and told my husband I got more chicks but I couldnt resist because they were only $0.50 .he said "did you get a lot?".I told hime "no, but look!"and shoved the 2 naked necks in his face. His response? "Eew, why??"😂😂😂
I think my DH had the same response, but he loves Rue now.

You get to know them, and they start to look cute in your eyes. Like when your kids go through that awkward preteen phase.

I think my DH had the same response, but he loves Rue now.

You get to know them, and they start to look cute in your eyes. Like when your kids go through that awkward preteen phase.
I'm already enjoying them. I was picking them up to check for pasty butt and while the others screamed they just stood there while I grabbed them and put up with it 😂😂

I am in a hot climate too (Phoenix) and this will be my first summer with my Dominiques, so we'll see how it goes. Various sources put them as good for hot weather - including the Livestock Conservancy - but they do have a rose comb which in theory does better in the cold.

My local family-owned feed store keeps a few adult chickens in the back, so I assume they know what the are doing and sell chick breeds that will work in the desert. They always have Naked Necks and I too can't bring myself to get one. Just too weird for me!

I am in a hot climate too (Phoenix) and this will be my first summer with my Dominiques, so we'll see how it goes. Various sources put them as good for hot weather - including the Livestock Conservancy - but they do have a rose comb which in theory does better in the cold.

My local family-owned feed store keeps a few adult chickens in the back, so I assume they know what the are doing and sell chick breeds that will work in the desert. They always have Naked Necks and I too can't bring myself to get one. Just too weird for me!
I have a Dominique and she does not do well. I ften have to go out and put cool water under her wings to help her.

Oh, you gotta post pics.
Here's them just looking around once I picked them up. The others screamed until I put them back. These 2 just chill.

Attachments

• 20220413_165701.jpg
    20220413_165701.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220413_165704.jpg
    20220413_165704.jpg
    589.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220413_165615.jpg
    20220413_165615.jpg
    517.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220413_165609.jpg
    20220413_165609.jpg