Breeds? Help?

Jimagination

Songster
12 Years
Mar 17, 2007
Lancaster, PA
Ok, I received my chix yesterday and they are all great. I also received the extra"rare" chick. So that would be 26 chicks and I have 27 so that is cool, but we are trying to figure out which one is the "rare" chick and what it may be. These are pics of the chicks we are questioning. We have a browner chick then the rest, but couldn't it be the Ameraucana chick as well? Then we have two yellow chicks, but I have seen online Ameraucan chicks like this as well. Someone have any ideas?
chixbrown1.jpg

chixbrown.jpg

yellowchix.jpg

idunno.gif

Thanks,
Jodi

I think the brown one is another Ameraucana chick. I have (had...she's feathered now!) one that looks just like it. The yellow one could be Ameraucana as well, or another breed. Can you get a shot of its face so we can see the dark spot?

When I got my Ameraucanas and Easter Eggers, I had the little 'chipmunk' ones, all dark ones, all light (yellow) ones, brown ones, etc. Of the 5 light ones, one is now white with what I'd call a dark "rust" colored, one is all white, one is all buff, one is white with edges of grey on all its feathers, and one is white with what I call "pumpkin" orange (we've named her Pie....as in Pumpkin Pie...lol
big_smile.png
) So its hard to tell at a day old wether the light one you have will be Ameraucana or another breed, but maybe a good head shot will help someone else here label it?

Back
Top Bottom