Breeds???

BlueVelociraptor

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 15, 2011
England
Sorry, this is the third time i've asked this but they are about 2 months old now and I think it's easier to tell what breed they are :)

I'm positive of the sexes, but I have not a clue of the breeds of these first two here...
The eggs were labeld as mixed pure breeds!

Lugia, Roo (has already attempted crowing
barnie.gif
) ..but I have no idea what breed he is, I love his markings though.
2wqbuip.jpg

vox0rr.jpg

Also, he's chipped his beak at the tip, do you think it was caused by the other rooster, (because they do fight a little...) or from pecking at something?
29yfy0.jpg

Tail Feathers... not sure if that's helpful? :')
2008ncw.jpg

Mudkip, a pullet, don't have a clue here either...
30a7vqe.jpg

sorry, over exposed photos, she's a much darker black really..
fbkjro.jpg

Shinx. This pullet I think is a copper maran ?? She has very striking white tips on her wings... which are not visible here...
hmm.png

5mh0dj.jpg

Lucario, I was told is a barred rock, however someone else said cuckoo maran because of the pale legs ??
2q24g9x.jpg

Thanks for any help :)

Last edited:
well, your first one is gorgeous...not sure on breed.

Mudkip, maybe a BR pullet?: Here is a shot of my young one:
68634_dsc_0071.jpg

Sphinx possibly a BSL pullet: here is a shot of mine, a bit younger than yours:
68634_bsl.jpg

and my #2 BSL:
68634_dsc_0307.jpg

and Lucario, I would say BR roo, here is a shot of mine:
68634_br.jpg

I raised 5 of them, all their legs were light as this one

OR, I could be all wrong! Good luck, maybe someone else has an idea.

Last edited:
BSL would mean black sex link. That would not be a pure breed. BR is barred rock but yours legs are too white for that, you can see the difference when compared to JodyJo's. Marans is my guess on your two with white legs. Your splash marans with the chipped beak no doubt did it pecking something. The other, black and white barring, is a cuckoo marans. The others I don't have a clue, perhaps Spinx is a welsummer.

Scratch the Welsummer as they should have yellow legs. And I edited to add S's to Marans.

Last edited:
Hmm, I agree with your initial thought that Lucario is a Cuckoo Marans not a BR(Barred Rock) The legs should be yellow on a BR like the one in JodyJo's picture. Lugia is a lovely splash, though I couldn't guess on the breed.

Thank you for all replies!
smile.png

Quote:
I don't think that she is a welsummer because I looked at welsummer chicks and they are striped, Shinx looked like this as a chick:

2dlotqo.jpg

You may be right about Spinx being a Black Copper Marans as they have dark legs. With a splash roo in there and you getting them all from same source you likely have all Marans. Blue color breeds out splash, black and blue. The blue and black will have dark legs. You'll know for sure come laying time with the dark eggs. Clean leg Marans of three varieties; Blue, Cuckoo and Black Copper with some interbreeding through the years. My final guess and sticking to it
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom