Breezy Bird Farms Canada

Thanks GardenandRoost for the detailed review. I wonder if some breeds have larger stock then others? It’s interesting how you mentioned colours. She said out of the 5 blue Ameraucanas only two hatched - but it looks like I have three or one other breed has really off colouring. Breeds ordered were Chantecler, Brahma, Bresse, Maran, and Malines as well as two ‘surprise chicks’ that I have found (but haven’t figured out what they are). The circled chicks don’t have feathers on their feet, so I am unsure what the third one could be.

Attachments

• FCE6BCE8-F223-4EB4-B342-FFD4E5A6205C.jpeg
    FCE6BCE8-F223-4EB4-B342-FFD4E5A6205C.jpeg
    685.2 KB · Views: 9
Thanks GardenandRoost for the detailed review. I wonder if some breeds have larger stock then others? It’s interesting how you mentioned colours. She said out of the 5 blue Ameraucanas only two hatched - but it looks like I have three or one other breed has really off colouring. Breeds ordered were Chantecler, Brahma, Bresse, Maran, and Malines as well as two ‘surprise chicks’ that I have found (but haven’t figured out what they are). The circled chicks don’t have feathers on their feet, so I am unsure what the third one could be.
Very interesting!
I assume she hatched the chicks out for you? Or did you hatch them and the labels don’t match? I’m confused a little by the description.

We ordered hatching eggs for delivery in March of 2023.

12 Blue Polish (5 hatched)
12 Tolburt Polish (6 hatched)
12 Hedemora (2 hatched)
12 CouCou De Malines (4 hatched)

She was short so we got more polish eggs and less Hedemora and CouCou eggs.

The Hedemora and CouCou had really bad hatch rates. 4 Coucou and 2 Hedemora hatched. Of the 4 Malines that hatched out (2 males and 2 females) 1 pair died at about a month old. The living female is great. The living male doesn't crow, doesn't perch, doesn't walk right and doesn't breed.

When I let Candace know about the horrible hatch rate she blamed it on me. Total order for 4 dozen hatching eggs, including shipping and tax was $615.00.

I'm currently looking for more Maline hatching eggs in Canada. I won't order from Breezy Birds again after this last experience.

Another person close to me (Jennifer) ordered 2 dozen CouCou eggs and I believe only 2 eggs hatched. So, this place is known for low hatch rates.

When I incubator our own eggs (chicken, duck, turkey & geese) they all hatch fine.

Corey

12 Hedemora (2 hatched)

The Hedemora and CouCou had really bad hatch rates. 4 Coucou and 2 Hedemora hatched. Of the 4 Malines that hatched out (2 males and 2 females) 1 pair died at about a month old. The living female is great. The living male doesn't crow, doesn't perch, doesn't walk right and doesn't breed.

When I let Candace know about the horrible hatch rate she blamed it on me. Total order for 4 dozen hatching eggs, including shipping and tax was $615.00.

I'm currently looking for more Maline hatching eggs in Canada. I won't order from Breezy Birds again after this last experience.

Another person close to me (Jennifer) ordered 2 dozen CouCou eggs and I believe only 2 eggs hatched. So, this place is known for low hatch rates.

When I incubator our own eggs (chicken, duck, turkey & geese) they all hatch fine.

Corey
I’m ordering live chicks from Breezy Bird this year to see how that goes opposed to self-hatch!

12 Hedemora (2 hatched)

Corey
Could order 5 maline eggs, only 1 hatched. 1 was not fertilized, two did not hatch after lockdown but were moving when candled and 1 just did not go far in development and was removed before lockdown, have one nice little rooster now. He better live a long productive life lol!!

Last edited:
Ordered six Amerucana chicks this year, good quality chicks, so far so good approximately four weeks old. I’ll definitely be ordering live chicks from now on if ordering from there.

Back
Top Bottom