Bresse Chick Hatchery

Where are you located, approximately? That will help with suggestions.

I've had some luck searching for "(chicken breed) (my area)" to find hatcheries.

Magnolia, TX area. I purchased some from a hatchery but some of the chicks have feathers on their legs and some the legs are not blue. Just trying to purchase from a reputable breeder.

greenfires are the closest to the originals from my understandings, but way expensive. I got some from bresse farms in mississippi and was not super happy with the size of the birds or the meat quality compared to some I sourced locally which originally came from greenfire.

That's where. mine came from. They are not too good. Greenfire is out right now so I will probably wait on them unless something else comes up.

Hi, which is the best hatchery to purchase white Bresse chicks from?
Thanks
I hatched eggs from Breese Farm from Florida. They have the original two import lines that Green Fire Farm brought in from France. In comparison, I also bought a dozen Breese hatching eggs from another Breese Farms with an S at the end of farm twice with zero hatch on two attempts.

This is the link to Breese Farm, I am not sure if they are still in business. The character of the roosters from this line are adorable like puppy dogs and all the chicks I bred from them had 100% steel blue legs. http://bressefarm.com/

Mcmurray Hatchery sell live Breese chicks, but I have not ordered or seen their line, so I can't say if the roosters are not man eaters like other farms I have ordered from. https://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/american-bresse.html

I have ordered Jumbo Cornish X chicks from Mcmurray Hatchery and it was sent to my local post office down the street. My local post office called me to pick them up, but I already knew they were there with USPS online tracking. I live in Hawaii and all 15 chicks arrived alive.

I have since crossed my Breese line with these Jumbo Cornish X and have been selective breeding for white legs and weight. But I kept a F2 rooster from this cross with steel blue legs for another line. Fatty sleeps on the ground and doesn't perch. His father weighs 13lbs, has white legs and also sleeps on the ground.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom