Bresse Chickens

I am Interested the Bresse chicken. A few laying henschicks, hatching eggs, We are in Whatcom County, WA.

Anyone nearby who might help out?

Thanks,

I am Interested the Bresse chicken.  A few laying henschicks, hatching eggs, We are in Whatcom County, WA.

Anyone nearby who might help out?

Thanks,

I am in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. I have four White Bresse pullets hatched last Memorial Day that are now laying. They were supposed to go to freezer camp last Fall but after dealing with the 8 roos I quit and let the girls join the laying flock. I'd be happy to share a couple with you.

I just hatched my first Bresse chicks from eggs ordered online. I noticed that one of the little yellow chicks has a couple of black "paint" like spots on it's head. I haven't been able to find this info anywhere so is this normal for the breed? Thanks!
I haven't seen that with mine. They have all hatched out the standard Easter Chick yellow. When I have mixed other birds with my Bresse, then I have seen black spots.

I just hatched my first Bresse chicks from eggs ordered online. I noticed that one of the little yellow chicks has a couple of black "paint" like spots on it's head. I haven't been able to find this info anywhere so is this normal for the breed? Thanks!

Not normal for Bresse chicks. Watch the leg color--they may not be blue later either.
I haven't seen that with mine. They have all hatched out the standard Easter Chick yellow. When I have mixed other birds with my Bresse, then I have seen black spots.
Yes, mixed with a brown or black breed.

Back
Top Bottom