Bresse Chickens

Pics
If you search GFF's twitter account (or maybe it was their blog), they show a picture of a splash Bresse baby chick. I think they made it by crossing a white Bresse and a black Bresse. Although I thought you usually get splash from crossing a blue and a black

Last edited:
If you search GFF's twitter account (or maybe it was their blog), they show a picture of a splash Bresse baby chick. I think they made it by crossing a white Bresse and a black Bresse. Although I thought you usually get splash from crossing a blue and a black
I thought you could get splash crossing blue over blue. I have learned something new.

Last edited:
Just got my birds this week from you. Love them. How old are they actually? They are thriving, eating and drinking well, even roosting on the side of the yard wall I have them in.

Thanks for the link to the splash Bresse, even though GFF said they sent a freebie it doesn't look like it.
he.gif

Oh well they are still gorgeous chicks and it will be great waiting to see what they are.

Thanks for the link to the splash Bresse, even though GFF said they sent a freebie it doesn't look like it.
he.gif

Oh well they are still gorgeous chicks and it will be great waiting to see what they are.
You never know, The chick may get the splash markings later. It is very hard to tell at hatch sometime.

One question for people getting their bresse from GFF now.
I got 15 babies about two months they were day old.I lost one 3 day after arrival, he start to shake and could not stand, I start to give them Polyvisol (suggested in BYC forum) after 3 weeks I got another the same way, still with polivysol in the water and fallowing that one another I have to cull those about two weeks ago , they were eating and moving around was just to sad to see them falling down and shaking all the time, three days ago another start with the same symptoms he still mobile wobbling all over and eating, I think i will have to put him down as well.
What is going on with this chickens?I don't think is Marek's because they are suppose to be vaccinated for that.
Last year I got some from another person and one had a similar problem,took her to the vet and according to them was a neurological issue.
Is any body having this problems as well?

Back
Top Bottom