Bresse Chickens

Pics
Has anyone had a Bresse cockerel start crowing at, oh, a WEEK old?! Stinking boys. Someone is already testing their vocal cords and I'm not exactly sure who it is, but my two Bresse are very precocious!

Originally Posted by Caitlin_VT

Has anyone had a Bresse cockerel start crowing at, oh, a WEEK old?! Stinking boys. Someone is already testing their vocal cords and I'm not exactly sure who it is, but my two Bresse are very precocious!

Haha. It is annoying when they do that!
Little buggers
I bet he will have some big cajones too!

My Bresse are finally laying
thumbsup.gif
4-5 eggs/day from 5 hens for me.....lots of eggs!

@JustStruttin---Amber Links ( I know them as Amber Stars) are hybrids, have always been of course and do not have the legally-protected
( in France) 500-year-old breed history that Poulet de Bresse has. Hope that answers your question.

I'm not a hypocrite, and I grasp the difference between a hybrid and a purebred. You cannot even breed two Amber Stars together and get Amber Stars, so it is a moot point. Just to be clear, as I said earlier, you are free to do whatever you want with your chickens, just as I am free to have my opinion about destroying a pristine purebred bloodline of a breed I also own. I plan to keep-manage my Bresse in exactly the way the French do, the methods used for many hundreds of years. What you do with yours is up to you, is your responsibility.
The Amber Stars were created by crossing Rhode Island Whites and Rhode Island Reds. The point I was making was that the creation of this hybrid did not destroy the years that went into developing the foundation breeds Rhode Island Reds and Rhode Island Whites.

The Amber Stars were created by crossing Rhode Island Whites and Rhode Island Reds. The point I was making was that the creation of this hybrid did not destroy the years that went into developing the foundation breeds Rhode Island Reds and Rhode Island Whites.

correct i have a new line of birds that i call "new england whites

they are not Bresse

even though i used a Bresse hen to produce them

the problems come when some clown sells off chicks saying they are pure Bresse & they turn out not to be

i don't think anyone on this thread would do such a thing so all is well

Back
Top Bottom