Bresse Chickens

Pics
Hello. I am interested in buying some white bresse eggs to start a meat bird flock. I've done much research on the breed and am interested in producing meat for our family and in breeding them. Does anyone know where I can get pure white bresse fertile eggs at a reasonable price? I was looking into eBay but I would prefer eggs from a reputable breeder willing to be of assistance. I appreciate any reccomendations. Thank you.

I'm using 30% gamebird grower now and I think im gonna finish on wheat and/or barley sprouts.
I was going to do some special feeding routine with them. But then it kept being 15 degrees outside. So the chickens all got whatever my frozen fingers could scoop. They didn't seem to mind. Maybe this summer I will try a better way.

Hello. I am interested in buying some white bresse eggs to start a meat bird flock. I've done much research on the breed and am interested in producing meat for our family and in breeding them. Does anyone know where I can get pure white bresse fertile eggs at a reasonable price? I was looking into eBay but I would prefer eggs from a reputable breeder willing to be of assistance. I appreciate any reccomendations. Thank you.
I sell Bresse eggs. I am running a special in the BS section for $40 per dozen shipped.

Hello. I am interested in buying somtse eggs to start a meat bird flock. I've done much research on the breed and am interested in producing meat for our family and in breeding them. Does anyone know where I can get pure white bresse fertile eggs at a reasonable price? I was looking into eBay but I would prefer eggs from a reputable breeder willing to be of assistance. I appreciate any reccomendations. Thank you.

Looks like you have some replies. Welcome to the world of bresse!
Has anyone finished Bresse on something else besides milk and bread? Like layer pellets and free range....and how did they taste?

They won't taste the same but still have tender moist skin and nicely marbled meat. I think not many people are traditionaly finishing them it is pricy.
My brinsea is on lock down and I have 18 breese eggs from a grower in California.   So far one has hatched and several are pipping out.  I can't wait to see what the next 24 to 36 hours will hatch.

Huzzah!

My brinsea is on lock down and I have 18 breese eggs from a grower in California. So far one has hatched and several are pipping out. I can't wait to see what the next 24 to 36 hours will hatch.
pop.gif
I went on lockdown today....Bresse and Marans....looking forward to the weekend.

pop.gif
I went on lockdown today....Bresse and Marans....looking forward to the weekend.
I also have in there 8 really black dark copper marans eggs and 4 SBEL's. So far this am it looks like two of the breese have hatched out. I love a varied egg basket.
Good luck to you on your hatching.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom