Bresse Chickens

Ive been giving my 12 meat birds goats milk and scratch and crumbles everyday for 2 weeks..2 more weeks on it then process Sept 13th!! Ill let you know how it tastes..if its good then thats exactly what were doing for the bresse next year!! I have 5 freedom rangers and 7 marans roo on it now.

Chiqita!!! I finally got my roo!!! Little bugger just popped up out of the 5 chicks from the last hatch!!! Next year I am strictly only hatching bresse for the freezer..no new layers nothing!!! This way I can give the bresse all the green grass , extras extra extras;)

Boys boys boys!!

Linda- I'm going to practice on the 26 straight run chicks I have, since well, I gotta learn.

This is interesting and a bit intimidating. Subscribed.

Check out Graphic Pictures of my day of learning to caponize thread. The new version and tools on page 109 I'd read the whole thread if you have time. Poco Polo is the lady that I ordered the chinese tools from. They are the best.

Between freak accidents, illnesses, and egg theft by ground squirrels - I have to say the White Bresse have been the clear winner. Truly bomb proof birds here in Southern California.

Ive been giving my 12 meat birds goats milk and scratch and crumbles everyday for 2 weeks..2 more weeks on it then process Sept 13th!! Ill let you know how it tastes..if its good then thats exactly what were doing for the bresse next year!! I have 5 freedom rangers and 7 marans roo on it now.

Chiqita!!! I finally got my roo!!! Little bugger just popped up out of the 5 chicks from the last hatch!!! Next year I am strictly only hatching bresse for the freezer..no new layers nothing!!! This way I can give the bresse all the green grass , extras extra extras;)

I'm very interested in this. I don't have bresse but am thinking of buying them. Are they better than heritage white plymouth rock. Is the taste better? I've heard that they lay better.
pop.gif

I'm very interested in this.  I don't have bresse but am thinking of buying them.  Are they better than heritage white plymouth rock.  Is the taste better?  I've heard that they lay better.   :pop

I cannot tell you how they taste yet...Im feeding up a test batch of meaties/roos with the same feed I plan on feeding the bresse. IVE never eaten plymouth rock either! Lol I can tell you my bresse are laying machines:)

It looks like I need to order tools soon, how long to get them and how to contact the person with the tools?

Sorry I'm still very new here and trying to figure out how everything works and my devices lol

Check out Graphic Pictures of my day of learning to caponize thread.  The new version and tools on page 109  I'd read the whole thread if you have time.  Poco Polo is the lady that I ordered the chinese tools from.  They are the best.
Hello, page 109? But this is page 43? Is it in another thread? Thank you for assistance.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom