Bresse Chickens

Here is the page I was talking about of the latest version of tools and methods of caponizing.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/675898/graphic-pics-of-my-day-learning-to-caponize/1080

I just read on Breeding for Production and Meat thread that beef is going to be sky high this fall. Better get ready to process more chickens.
lau.gif

Do you think 100 will be enough??
idunno.gif
wink.png

So on the soaking grain in goats milk: would powdered goats milk work well?
I think it may be cheaper than fresh . And just a little milk will do, correct?

I'm curious to know also, as my bresse will be shipped early next week so this weekend my bf & I are going to get more supplies.

It looks like I'm sucking up to ppl with milk goats :) my friend with milk goats moved to Uruguay. :(

What kind of oats? Steel cut? Rolled oats? I'm going to practice caponizing on my straight run chicks before I try on the bresse. I will hold back 1-2 males to breed onto my best few females to begin the sustainable meat bird project.

So goats milk: got some to start the grain soak.
$4.50/quart. Can I strain and re-use for the next batch if I soak in the fridge?
Doesn't go a ling way. Can't spend $4.50 every 2 days

Ouch!!!! I couldnt afford that at all!! Can you barter?? i trade garden veggies for the milk...I get about 3-5 gallons for a bag full of whatever is ripe in my garden...this milk my friend would be tossing anywAy she says as its just to empty the bags of the goats to relieve pressure until she take what she has time to process...do you have a specialty you can barter with canned goods???

Ouch!!!! I couldnt afford that at all!! Can you barter?? i trade garden veggies for the milk...I get about 3-5 gallons for a bag full of whatever is ripe in my garden...this milk my friend would be tossing anywAy she says as its just to empty the bags of the goats to relieve pressure until she take what she has time to process...do you have a specialty you can barter with canned goods???

I'm in California. If I knew of someone with dairy goats that may work. Maybe I'll have to search around. Right now, I know of none locally.
That is a great trade!

So which kind of oats to soak for finishing bresse? It turns out my bresse just went into the incubator, so it's going to be a few weeks to get them in.

I'm looking for local ppl with milk goats to trade my eggs, grass fed organic beef and organic garden veggies/home baked gluten-free goodies with for raw goats milk. And need to order caponizing equipment very soon, as now it's obvious which of my current chicks are male. Practice on these cheap/free ones when they're big enough that if they die during the process of caponizing, they'll be ok eating size.

Those of you who have blue and splash - are they like the blacks? I'll be trading for a splash rooster and would like to put him in my black bresse pen.

Back
Top Bottom