Bresse Chickens

Great info, this site never ceases to amaze me! All the kind individuals on here that are happy to share there knowledge, I have learned so much and continue to learn all the time...thanks friends.

Curious about this breed and not convinced I want to raise a meat bird but I'd like to learn more about it.

Does anyone raise Bresse and not caponize? I appreciate those who are raising them in the true french fashion - but I just can't personally see myself canonizing - realistically. Don't have a problem with the feeding protocol.

If you do not caponize, for the roos, when do you move them to the milk/grain feed and harvest?

Last edited:
Curious about this breed and not convinced I want to raise a meat bird but I'd like to learn more about it.

Does anyone raise Bresse and not caponize? I appreciate those who are raising them in the true french fashion - but I just can't personally see myself canonizing - realistically. Don't have a problem with the feeding protocol.

If you do not caponize, for the roos, when do you move them to the milk/grain feed and harvest?

This is great and no, you do not have to caponize. That gives you a bigger and tender bird but would cost a small fortune to raise--months of feed with little weight gain over a 16 week old cockerel. My suspicion is that not many caponize.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom