Bridgette and her new diapers *ALL PIX FIXED*

Quote:
I think it would be more abusive if I left her out in the heat to die bc her breed can not stand hot temps.
Everyone has the right to their opinion but don't make abuse accusations towards me.

Quote:
I think it would be more abusive if I left her out in the heat to die bc her breed can not stand hot temps.
Everyone has the right to their opinion but don't make abuse accusations towards me.

You both know the rules and I do hope you chose to take this argument off the board.

Thank you.

Maybe not abuse, poor choices maybe. For instance, maybe it would have been best to get a breed well suited for the heat in Arkansas, for you must have been fully aware of your hot summers before choosing your breed. Then you would not be in the position to have to keep your chickens in the house to protect them from the heat.

Your situation of getting a breed of chicken that does not tolerate heat well (and having knowledge of extreme heat waves in Arkansas) is like an eskimo getting a hairless cat as a pet. Just does'nt make sense.

I dont mean to offend you (or anyone), but this really disturbs me, and I have a right to express my opinion. Since I care about chickens and respect them as an animal, I feel I should voice my concerns when I feel that they are being mistreated or treated in an inapropriate way.

What would you think of someone keeping an elephant in a diaper in their house?

Just becuase other people do it does not make it right.

Quote:

You both know the rules and I do hope you chose to take this argument off the board.

Thank you.

Yes, I hope they do know the rules but as far as I am concerned there is no arguement. Who has time to waste on negativity ?
tongue.png

Quote:
Well if you read the whole thread she is a rescued 'broiler' chicken. She would die if kept outside during the summer. So please inform yourself before you start flaming.

There are many reason one might chose to keep a chicken inside, health, injuries etc. I have 3 indoors, Bridgette is the only one that has to be but the others are companions.

People diaper dogs, for some that is a must, its no different really
smile.png

Last edited:
Hooligan, awesome pics! Do you have any recent pics of Prudence and Baby Lou? I'm curious as to how they turned out. I'm assuming Baby Lou is the cochin? I hope you didn't name her Lou because she turned out to be a
ep.gif
roo?!?
ETA: After going back and slowly reading thru this thread, I'd just like to add that I know hooligan personally and I know a few things about her. I know ALL of her animals receive excellent care. My pets are spoiled, but hooligan goes beyond that. Her animals have the best life an animal could hope to have. If put in the position of having to make a choice, her SO Lucas would be out in the yard before those chickens. Think St. Francis of Assisi (sp?), put him in a little body and make him female and you'd have hooligan and that's all I have to say about that.
smile.png

Last edited:
I need to take some more. esp of all the girls on the porch foraging around (I throw scratch out there for them when its rainy). Baby Lou is the SLC but I named her that bc of a song called Baby Lou Tattoo by the Horrorpops. They are such dolls and will 'talk' back to you if you make chicken sounds. I need to post up pix of the cage I made them, its pink
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom