Bridgette and her new diapers *ALL PIX FIXED*

Quote:
If you look at the pic of page 3, in the green skeleton diaper there is a flap that goes down the back that loops into the ones that go over the tail. It gets pulled up to secure it them safety pinned. She has never gotten one off and is oblivious to them when on.
I wish I would have had one cor Carmilla when she was in the house
big_smile.png

Awwwwwwwww this is just to cute. It is great that you saved her and I am sure she is a very happy chicken. A chicken in the house is no different than any other pet. Great pics. thanks for sharing.

very cool pictures! I might have to get some diapers. Celeste loves bringing the chickens in the house. Diapers would make it more fun. I think that the chickens enjoy it too.
They are very curious, just like a cat.

I got banned for two weeks expressing how I really felt about your chickens in your weird diapers by using words and strange comparisons that may have not been fit for this site.

But hopefully I wont get banned again for telling you how incredibly weird I find this chicken diaper business. Just because you like chickens does not mean you can "humanize" them. Strange there are not more people out there sharing my view..... or maybe I am the strange one. But in my mind I am not, maybe because I don't have injured donkeys in my guest bedroom wearing diapers.

Good job with Bridgette, Hooligan!
beaconite, housechickens and chicken diapers aren't for everyone...we all don't drive the same car or have the same jobs...THAT is what makes us all unique and interesting.

Quote:
Lol I agree it is strange...I prefer my chickens outside my house doing their natural chicken thangies. Maybe this is a rescue chicken that has to be indoors for the time being or something til it gets better? Who knows the circumstances. Regardless, I just have to laugh at your comment.

(Please read the following with my tone in mind: a jovial, joking sort of tongue-in-cheek mood)

Hehehe... I'd love to let my girls roam around my household so that they could eat everything they found, scratch up furniture, and have unlimited access to exposed moles and freckles!
lol.png
hey... more opportunities to pester the cats, too! Oh, and in-kitchen muggings would be a daily occurance. Besides, having 2 cats watch me on the toilet isn't enough - I really need to expand my throne audience.

Seriously now... it's silly, but it's your house. My 4 girls are too attached to each other to separate one out to have in the house, and I can't imagine managing all 4 of them in here.

That said, when the colder months come and I spend less time with my chooks, I will definitely miss them.

Quote:
Yeppers!
It also might help to keep in mind that these are rescued broiler chickens we are talking about. A chicken from the commercial house is not like the backyard chickens we all know and love. From day one these chickens are fed a high powered feed, my SO calls it "hot feed" that is designed to put meat on their bones at the cost of their internal organs. In effect what you end up with is a chicken that looks 6 months old, but has the internal organs of a 6 week old chick. The slightest little stress and what you end up with is a dead chicken. Their little bitty heart just can't deal with stresses our backyard chickens just shake off. Hooligan is giving these chickens a chance at life vs. them being nothing but a product. More power to her.

Back
Top Bottom