Brief Introduction “About Me”.....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 3StoogesCoop, Oct 23, 2019.

1. 3StoogesCoop

3StoogesCoop In the Brooder

Jun 10, 2019
    Kitsap County
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    I’m not too new to chickens. I had chickens over a decade ago. I did have a break in between then and now and now I have quite a few. I have three very large coops now.
    (2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    I have an estimate of 59 chickens/chicks at the moment. I have some large fowl as well as the majority being bantams.
    (3) What breeds do you have?
    My main two large fowl breeds I am focusing on as breeders are Black Australorps and Olive Eggers. Understanding Olive Eggers are obviously a cross breed. I have a few other hens of those crosses seen in Olive Eggers such as Blue Wheaten Ameraucana’s, Easter Egger, Cuckoo Maran, and French Copper Maran. I also have heavily invested and studied Bantam Cochins (Perkins). I have two older Roosters: Mille Fleur, Golden Laced and a Birchen. And one hen which is a cute cuckoo. I have recently hatched out to then mature next spring: calico, silver laced, silver cuckoo (cross between Birchen and Cuckoo Cochin), black, and lemon blue Cochins.
    (4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
    They bring me a sense of comfort and joy nothing else does.
    (5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    I also have 6 horses and I have a cat that means a lot to me. I also do a lot of research on chicken colour genetics.
    (6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community. I have found this community online many times as it comes up in searches quite often with many answers and pictures. I have joined to see about gaining knowledge and friends.

2. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Enabler

Hello, and welcome! Glad that you joined! Good luck with your flock!

3. 3StoogesCoop

3StoogesCoop In the Brooder

Jun 10, 2019
    Kitsap County
    Thank you!! I appreciate the reply! :)

4. shayann

shayann Songster

Oct 18, 2019
    Chalmette, Louisiana
    :welcome Enjoy your flock! Good to see ya here!

5. TomZilla43

TomZilla43 Songster

Apr 23, 2017
    White House, TN
    Hello and :welcome. Glad you could join us, hope you enjoy your time here:thumbsup.

6. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie

7. DiYMama540

DiYMama540 Free Ranging

Jun 25, 2019
    SW VA
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! We'd love to see pictures of this big, beautiful flock! Happy you decided to join us!!

:frow:welcome:frow

8. Ted_Harrell

Ted_Harrell Songster

Sep 23, 2019
    Pembroke North Carolina
    59 chickens must keep you very busy. Welcome home to BYC. I had Australorps earlier in the year and loved them. Enjoy your flock..

9. N F C

N F C Moderator

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    :welcome

Make yourself at home here! It would be nice to see some pictures of your crosses.

10. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Welcome to our FUNomenal community! :celebrate Best wishes and have lots of fun! :wee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: