Bright Green Poo - looked thru other threads

Ecoli can be contageous in feces. I had my JG roo isolated from the others. I threw everything at him including the kitchen sink: Aureomycin, corid, valbazen, metronidazole, baytril...not to mention probiotics and poultry nutri drench.
All chickens carry Ecoli. It's when it gets out of control, then there's a problem. If caught early enough, promoting good bacteria growth with probiotics and baytril can balance it all out. The nutri drench is a boost in vitamins and minerals to help keep the birds strength up.
That was the first time I had EVER used and the LAST time I had used antibiotics in one of my chickens, specifically the baytril, aureomycin, metronidazole, and baytril...never used corid before neither. I was on the right track with the aureomycin and baytril and it still didnt help.
A feces sample was sent off to the University of Georgia vet school of medicine in Tifton. It was verified as Ecoli.
I recommend that you contact your state department of agriculture or county extension agent or even a vet to find out how to go about getting a fecal sample tested to verify what you're dealing with. Some states do it for free, others charge a fee.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom