Bright green poop from 7y/o pekin duck

Sutekimalik

In the Brooder
Sep 15, 2023
Hello, My 7 year old pekin has been unwell for nearly 6months now. We've had bloods and a CT scan, and he's currently on a long course of antifungal treatment. Three weeks ago we started antibiotics for possible respiratory infection 2 days ago which ended two days ago. Yesterday he started to poop quite a bright green colour, and I know it's not down to metal because he's inside and can't walk. I have an appointment booked in for Tuesday morning, as our vet is only part time, but I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to what could be the cause in the meantime? Is it possible that it's down to the long course of treatment he's on and it's upset his Flora?

It also smells kinda.. fruity? Citrusy ? He's eaten nothing that would make it green, either. No lettuce, peas or grasses.

In himself he's fine, He's playful and preening.

Attachments

• 20240210_122830.jpg
    20240210_122830.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 13
Hi, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

Hopefully your vet can explain the bright green poop but since he's on a couple of prescriptions, that could be the reason.

Since the antibiotics are done, I would get powdered probiotics and put some in his water every other day for a couple of weeks.

I hope your vet gets him figured out and he'll soon be well again! Good luck!

Hi, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

Hopefully your vet can explain the bright green poop but since he's on a couple of prescriptions, that could be the reason.

Since the antibiotics are done, I would get powdered probiotics and put some in his water every other day for a couple of weeks.

I hope your vet gets him figured out and he'll soon be well again! Good luck!
Hello o/ Thank you~

We had our appointment yesterday and my vet immediately went to there being liver damage, and warned me of a fast downward decline. He advised I give him Milk Thistle, which I have purchased. I don't believe it to be his liver though, because he isn't unwell in the sense that he's acting unwell, you know? and his poop has started to become lighter in colour and more to a more normal looking colour. I started him on his probiotics today :)

Looking forward to calling my vet in a weeks time and letting him know he was wrong. My warrior boy has done it before, and will do it again. đź’Ş

Back
Top Bottom