Green poop

heres the links and some more info I hope your duck gets well I really do
http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/diagnostic chart.htm

http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/mmissue23.htm
http://www.majesticwaterfowl.org/mmissue84.htm

https://www.ftbrescue.com/post/2018/02/09/baytril-truth-consequences
Treating fungal infections with Baytril makes them worse.

New Aspergillus Treatment Options

It used to be that ducks and geese with aspergillus didn't stand much of a chance. Those that did survive had to endure long and grueling drug therapy that put their vital organs at risk. Recently, we have discovered a little known treatment for aspergillus and other upper respiratory fungal infections/diseases.

F10 SC Veterinary Disinfectant and Oxine AH are disinfectant solutions that can be used as nebulizing agents by putting them into a vaporizer for your duck or goose to inhale. This means, before administering, you must set aside a safe place to treat them. Our friends at Feathered Angels Waterfowl Sanctuary made a treatment tent by draping plastic over their quarantine pen. You can also use plastic to drape off a section of your barn.

Always follow product directions and safety information!

F10 SC Veterinary disinfectant and Oxine AH are safe and effective against a number of types of bacteria, viruses and mold and they're even safe for the environment. Both products can be purchased online.

Product Information:

Oxine AH comes in a larger, gallon size.

F10 SC Veterinary Disinfectant can be purchased in smaller, more economical sizes.

While experienced vets recommend either product, we only have dosage information for the F10 SC.

Before beginning any treatment regimes for your pet ducks or geese it is VITAL that you take them to a qualified vet first.

F10 SC Dosage for Ducks & Geese:

Fill a vaporizer with a mixture of: 4 mls of F10 SC / 1000 mls of water.

Place the afflicted bird into your "tent" and run the vaporizer for 30 minutes.

Birds can return to their normal routines in between treatments and do not need to stay in the tent.

Repeat this treatment 3 times a day, every 8 hours.

Only treat afflicted ducks and geese. Remove healthy birds from the treatment area during administration.

Continue treatment for 2-4 weeks under vet guidance. Most vets will want to see the duck or goose every other week for x-rays to monitor their progress (unless conditions worsen).

Poor boy sounds like he’s been trough the ringer. I would get him on the probiotic and Don’t use water to give it they waste so much you don’t know how much they are getting,if he’s eating better just mix it into a small amount of feed so he gets it all. I’d also get some Rooster Booster “poultry cell” it’s packed with good things to help boost his immune system . Make sure it’s poultry cell.
Did the vet ever mention tube feeding?
I agree about Rooster Booster, the electrolyte, vitamins and probiotic formula is great - but it is really citrusy tasting and the chickens don't like it - so, I agree again, try to give it in concentrate through a syringe - of course drop by drop so that they don't aspirate.

poor baby i know it’s hard when we have to try to figure out what’s wrong.
one of my ducks has had a respiratory issues since December 7 it started with squeaking coughing hiccuping sounds at first I thought she swallowed some thing maybe got stuck in her throat? Then I realized I had used some straw that may have been slightly moldy. then I found out about oxine AH for aspergillosis . I started spraying it as mist over them . (after diluting, according to proper measurement ) Then I got a nebulizer started using that, but I didn’t think she got much better so I thought perhaps she has worms and used valbazen for that, and also gave her five days of Tylan antibiotic in case it was a respiratory infection, She sounded better so I stopped the treatment but then she got worse and then I found this chart from Majestic waterfowl sanctuary that lists all the symptoms they may have, and what possible, sickness or disease it could be. I realized it had to be aspergillosis so I went back to treating her by nebulizer. I put her in a small dog crate and cover it with a towel. and do 30 minute treatment every eight hours as best close at I can do to every eight hours . One other duck is doing the squeaking I think it’s the same thing so I added her to the treatments . anyway, majestic waterfall sanctuary has a really good little article about using oxine a H for aspergillosis and like I said, also the symptom chart, let me get you a link to my thread. It includes all of those things. if I can’t link it, because I’m outside on my cell phone. Somehow I can’t figure it out…. you can search :” runner duck cough or hiccups aspergillosis? “
@Jenbirdee, I am sorry you are in respiratory h&ll also. It is really frustrating and heartbreaking. I love my vet, but she is really no better than I am at figuring out what is going on with my flock. And....let's be real....I have trepidation - more than that, I have a fear of getting tests done because of reporting requirements. You can go to the vet and say you only want testing for MG, but if he/she wants to - or that lab thinks it is necessary - they can order any tests they want - and we all know what happens to chickens that have certain diseases - without our consent. So, because I was so frustrated trying to figure out what respiratory disease my flock has, and I lost one chicken that was very emotionally devastating for me and my grandson, I went on a quest to find a way to do discreet testing. I finally found a lab that I trust. Because I am in medicine, I am aware that doctors/providers - both human and veterinary, have a duty to report what the State/Federal government says they have to report. Also, laboratories that are accredited, have a duty to report. They work on behalf of their own licenses and accreditations. I needed a lab that works on behalf of me/us - those of us who love our birds. I found one. They refuse to get accredited so that they can give results only to the one who ordered the tests. I was certain the chicken I chose to test was going to test positive for MG or fowl cholera, but she didn't. However, they did test positive for infectious coryza. I did a big mistake several months ago that I didn't know was a mistake when I did it, and brought older chickens into my flock. Quarantining did not help, they were asymptomatic. I just finished treating with oxytetracycline, and am now going to do a round of enrofloxacin for the 3 that did not respond to oxytetracyline. I combined the antibiotics with Bromhexine (with mucous, please do this to make your antibiotic work better), I purchased this from https://allbirdproducts.com/products/bromhexine-powder-generic. It is an anti-mucoidal. I told my vet about this lab and their methods - she is impressed. They have been in business since 1982. If you want to test, here is the link. You have to use their swabs and tubes. For DNA, only swabbing is necessary, but for RNA both blood and swab is needed: https://www.vetdna.com/. BTW: they are the only lab in the country that tests and provide results for Marek's and Leukosis. They have over 4000 clients, vets, zoo's, etc...

@Jenbirdee, I am sorry you are in respiratory h&ll also. It is really frustrating and heartbreaking. I love my vet, but she is really no better than I am at figuring out what is going on with my flock. And....let's be real....I have trepidation - more than that, I have a fear of getting tests done because of reporting requirements. You can go to the vet and say you only want testing for MG, but if he/she wants to - or that lab thinks it is necessary - they can order any tests they want - and we all know what happens to chickens that have certain diseases - without our consent. So, because I was so frustrated trying to figure out what respiratory disease my flock has, and I lost one chicken that was very emotionally devastating for me and my grandson, I went on a quest to find a way to do discreet testing. I finally found a lab that I trust. Because I am in medicine, I am aware that doctors/providers - both human and veterinary, have a duty to report what the State/Federal government says they have to report. Also, laboratories that are accredited, have a duty to report. They work on behalf of their own licenses and accreditations. I needed a lab that works on behalf of me/us - those of us who love our birds. I found one. They refuse to get accredited so that they can give results only to the one who ordered the tests. I was certain the chicken I chose to test was going to test positive for MG or fowl cholera, but she didn't. However, they did test positive for infectious coryza. I did a big mistake several months ago that I didn't know was a mistake when I did it, and brought older chickens into my flock. Quarantining did not help, they were asymptomatic. I just finished treating with oxytetracycline, and am now going to do a round of enrofloxacin for the 3 that did not respond to oxytetracyline. I combined the antibiotics with Bromhexine (with mucous, please do this to make your antibiotic work better), I purchased this from https://allbirdproducts.com/products/bromhexine-powder-generic. It is an anti-mucoidal. I told my vet about this lab and their methods - she is impressed. They have been in business since 1982. If you want to test, here is the link. You have to use their swabs and tubes. For DNA, only swabbing is necessary, but for RNA both blood and swab is needed: https://www.vetdna.com/. BTW: they are the only lab in the country that tests and provide results for Marek's and Leukosis. They have over 4000 clients, vets, zoo's, etc...
thank you so much dear friend

the lab looks great just a little too expensive for me right now, going through a bit of financial hardship at the moment., in the meantime i’m using the symptoms chart and think poppy and flower’s raspy voices and squeaky coughs can’t really be anything other than aspergillosis because, they don’t have any other symptoms.
-no eyes or nares symptoms. -appetites and activity levels are fine.
-Poops look normal.
From what I read all the other illness that causes the respiratory trouble includes some of those other symptoms.
i pray i’m right 🙏 really don’t want to lose poppy especially as she is only just turned one year old and is the friendliest silly girl.

Little update;

We had our appointment yesterday and my vet immediately went to there being liver damage, and warned me of a fast downward decline. He advised I give him Milk Thistle, which I have purchased. I don't believe it to be his liver though, because he isn't unwell in the sense that he's acting unwell, you know? and his poop has started to become lighter in colour and more to a more normal looking colour. I started him on his probiotics today :)

Looking forward to calling my vet in a weeks time and letting him know he was wrong. My warrior boy has done it before, and will do it again. 💪

I am so happy to hear he is going better and his poop is looking more normal. I take Milk Thistle and have for years losing my mom with Liver cancer I just felt it was a good thing to do It won't hurt him to take it. Getting him on the probiotics is a very good thing. Keep us updated on how is is progressing. Another natural antibiotic is Dried Greek Oregano My flock get it mixed into their feed daily.

I just ordered a set of 3 swabs so I can test poppy for asper there are 2 kinds of asper listed I guess I gotta check both those and idk if there is anything else that even matches her symptoms i dont think there is ?

Back
Top Bottom