bright green poop

tdgill

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 28, 2009
Cecil Co. MD - 5Yrs. Chickens 4Yrs. Ducks
My buff orp roo has about a quarter inch of his top beak broken off, seems to have improved over a day. I gave him some aspirin in his water and have been hand feeding wet mash feed, oatmeal, yogurt (no cottage cheese was thinking it is too salty) with some success today also he is now managing to eat some grubs and worms (yay!) But I did notice a bright green poop from him - almost florescent! and hoping its just from his previous day of not getting enough to eat and ratio of bile/food causing it to be so green. He's doing well otherwise and I'm somewhat relieved to have cleared this hurdle! What do you all think - particularly of the green poop.

Basically he has some E.coli from the stress and such
the best thing to do is this

This must be some gut problem here is my suggestion for the bird

do this
now the
natural probiotic recipe is is:
1 qt of dry feed crumbles
1-1/2 qt of milk, sweet, sour, or buttermilk or a mixture of all or some
1 cup of yoguart of non flavored yoguart ( no artificial sweetmer)
mix good

SINGLE CHICKEN
3 tbsp of dry crumbles
4 tbsp of milk
1 tbsp of yoguart
1 tbsp of apple sauce put on top of mixture for chickens taste

AFTER PUTTING vitamins in
after vit's are mixed in add the applesauce last for taste to chickens
PUT 1 TSP per chicken OF APPLE SAUCE FOR THE WET MASH PROBIOTIC

NOW THE IMPORTANT INGRIEDIENT FOR EACH CHICKEN FED
and add 1- 1000 mg of Vit E by cutting the end off the vit E capsule for each chicken fed this wet mash
also 1 Vit B complex crushed and
putting it in the wet mash
OR FOR each chicken your treating
so for each chicken use 3 tbsp of mixture and 1-1000 mg of Vit E and a Vit B complex

twice a day for one wekk
them till the manure is solid and regular colored with white tip

and feed each chicken
3 tbsp full of the wet mash probiotic and what they will clean up in 20-30 minutes
then clean wet feeders and restock dry crumbles

do this twice a day for a week
till the chicken's manure is right
then quit the Vit E and Vit B complex make just the wet mash probiotic
then once a week for life

2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar per gallon of the chicken water so their gut flora wil be regulated

they should have this at least 3-5 days a week
then three days aweek after they are over coccidiosis
the vit's are neccessary to clean up the damaged gut problem
take all the electrolytes out of the water
email any questions

Neon green poop is typically caused by concentrated bile--he is dehydrated, and possibly starved. Give pedialyte, gatorade or electrolytes and easy to digest feed.

I dont think that this is your case, but when my chickens eat a lot of grass their poo is green, but a darker green.

Neon green poop means she is starving to death. What you are seeing is concentrated bile. Until her beak heals she needs help by being fed several times a day and drinking. make her nutritious soft foods and hand feed her until her beak heals.

Scrambled eggs, very well cooked oatmeal cottage cheese (not too much can cause diarrhea) and a almost watery mash made out of her pellets.

Quote:
thank you also...
yes, have been feeding watery mash several times a day, some scrambled eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, grubs, some worms, banana, tomatoes, cantalope and making sure he is drinking. I mixed gatorade with the oatmeal, didn't go over too well...He's enjoying his watery mash the most. He's doing quite well and his beak looks pretty darn good considering he lost at least a quarter inch of it. Havent seen any other neon poops. Will make the watery mash with the rest of the gatorade tomorrow since he's eating that the best. We've been cuddlin on the swing in the sunshine and he's his normal happy self. I think I've finally named him. Boo Boo.
21969_dscn9050.jpg

Back
Top Bottom