Bright green poop!

I have a heat lamp above her, yes I wormed her only and separated her from the rest of the flock. Im going to do the rest once we process the turkeys. I have vitamins in her water also. I don't know what else to do.

They really need to be inside when they're this sick, preferably in a room or brooder that's about 85 degrees. Did you weigh her?

-Kathy

I would treat her with an antibiotic as its hard to know what is going on. You can get that at a feed store and it goes in her water. I know its hard and stressful watching them go down hill. You do the best you can.

She died, late this morning :(. I brought her inside and put her in our woodstove room with a heat lamp on. I went to the feed store they didnt have any antibiotics, ugh!!! When my husband came home she had already passed. Think i should give the rest of the flock the antibiotics?? I could order them online, or wait until my feed store gets some in. What type/brand should i look for?? I put the vitamins into the flocks water, and an going to worm them once the turkeys ae gone to be safe.

I'm so sorry to hear that she died. I wouldn't treat them until you know what she died from. Can you send her off for a necropsy to see what caused her death? That way you will know if the rest of the flock is at risk for anything.

Sorry for your loss, I hope the rest of your flock will be alright.
hugs.gif

I'm so sorry to hear that she died. I wouldn't treat them until you know what she died from. Can you send her off for a necropsy to see what caused her death? That way you will know if the rest of the flock is at risk for anything.

I agree with this. I wouldn't administer antibiotics unless you have a better idea of what might have happened.
You can check with your state and see if they offer low cost or free necropsy reports.

So sorry for your loss. :(

Last edited:
I know it is hard. I am sorry you lost her but sometimes nature does what is best for them. I have lost two this year. One to a combination of age and stress .... freaked when I had been gone two days and let them out for only an hour and half before dark when I got home... she climbed the open pen front and was dead stretched out across the coop pop door of roost are in morning.

The other I rescued the meat from a hawk after it attacked! This one got to grace the table as pressure shredded meat in soup and bbq sandwiches and some for the chickens of course.

It is hard to lose them. We wonder what we did wrong. Sometimes it is just nature and part of keeping chickens. We live and learn.

Good luck with the rest of the flock.

Back
Top Bottom