Bring in or leave outside on 6 weeks old ducks? 41 degrees excepted to get to 39.

nao57

Crowing
Mar 28, 2020
Hey there,

So its 41 degrees and expected to get to 39 degrees tonight.

The ducklings are 6 weeks 3 days old and getting fat and filled out.

Would you leave them outside?

They have plenty of room, lots of water, were fed extra treats to be safe. And they are in the dog pen, which has some shelter overhead. It has wood chips in it; they've learned to not eat them....mostly. And there's a dog house in there.

They aren't sleeping in the doghouse even though I checked on them a minute ago. (It has even more wood shavings in it.)

Would you leave them there, or bring them into the basement until morning?

I kind of don't want to bring them in, but not sure how cold they can endure. Its not a wet cold and there's no wind. Its just a late winter spring teaser I guess.

Thanks!

PS...also noticed they were eating their wood shavings / pine shavings lol. None of them are sick, but they are amusing.

A dog kennel unless wrapped in hardware cloth is very dangerous a raccoon can reach in and grab a duck and try an pull right through the fence not a site you want to wake up to. Any thing that climbs can get in and even an owl can get them. They may not get cold but they are in danger of more than temps.

Back
Top Bottom