Bring Yo Ring! Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made cottage cheese with 2 month old gallon of goat milk and some expired buttermilk. It was for the dogs. I didn’t dare try it 😂

I’m saving the whey to portion out for the dogs for the next 5 days to a week. I really wish my hubby hadn’t let our Nubian go dry. But hopefully she got pregnant earlier this month since we saw a buck mount her and she let him.
I haven't had cottage cheese in ages. Now in craving that

How many goats do you have?

We are having a goodbye picnic tonight. My sister will be getting her dog put down next week and he has kind of become a family dog. So we are all gathering at my sister's house to say goodbye
Is the dog sick or just old?
My husband’s Nana put down her 14+ year old chihuahua since he was just peeing and pooping with zero bladder control inside the house and had a limp leg and was just falling apart. He was spoiled rotten and lived an awesome life compared to most dogs.

My husband’s Nana put down her 14+ year old chihuahua since he was just peeing and pooping with zero bladder control inside the house and had a limp leg and was just falling apart. He was spoiled rotten and lived an awesome life compared to most dogs.
Aw, my poor Teddy has been having similar issues. He gets to upset when he has an accident and feels guilty.
He too is spoiled, though he is an absolute sweet heart.

I haven't had cottage cheese in ages. Now in craving that

How many goats do you have?
We have a mix of a lot of goats.
We’re trying to move toward mostly Nubians since we like goat meat and goat milk (well I do anyway).

a couple Nigerian Dwarfs
a couple Nubians
And the rest are just mixes of other breeds.
In total I have 11 females and 11 males. But a lot of the males will be food by winter. Most of the males are babies. The ones that aren’t are penned separately.

I need to start taking pictures because I don’t really have many of my goats 😂

He's just old. He's 15 and a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, so 15 is quite old for that breed. He is having a lot of problems moving and controlling himself inside. He is an awesome dog, they never had to leash him, he stays right by them at all times. He's my brother in laws buddy. Helps him fix cars or the tractors. The kids couldn't ask for a better protector. Everyone in the family took turns over the years caring for him. It's a huge loss for the family. I literally have never met a better dog, and I used to work at a few different vet clinics. Goodbye Alex, you will be missed beyond measure!😢😭

Aw, my poor Teddy has been having similar issues. He gets to upset when he has an accident and feels guilty.
He too is spoiled, though he is an absolute sweet heart.
My oldest dog is still pretty young, 8 years old. But he’s a strictly outside dog, like my other two. so I doubt I’ll notice when he can’t control his bladder. But I hope he ages gracefully. I don’t think I’d be able to put him down due to old age. But with inside dogs I can see how someone may opt for that.

We have a mix of a lot of goats.
We’re trying to move toward mostly Nubians since we like goat meat and goat milk (well I do anyway).

a couple Nigerian Dwarfs
a couple Nubians
And the rest are just mixes of other breeds.
In total I have 11 females and 11 males. But a lot of the males will be food by winter. Most of the males are babies. The ones that aren’t are penned separately.

I need to start taking pictures because I don’t really have many of my goats 😂
Nice!
I absolutely love goats. We'll be getting some in a around 2 years. Nigerian Dwarfs to start with for milk, and eventually some Tennessee Fainting goats for fun.

My oldest dog is still pretty young, 8 years old. But he’s a strictly outside dog, like my other two. so I doubt I’ll notice when he can’t control his bladder. But I hope he ages gracefully. I don’t think I’d be able to put him down due to old age. But with inside dogs I can see how someone may opt for that.
Teddy is only 7. He's a Maltipoo, Maltese and Poodle mix. They typically live 15 to 18 years.
Hopefully Teddys medicine and all the other things we've been doing for him will help.

Nice!
I absolutely love goats. We'll be getting some in a around 2 years. Nigerian Dwarfs to start with for milk, and eventually some Tennessee Fainting goats for fun.
I know some people milk Nigerian Dwarfs by hand but after milking a Nubian by hand I will never milk a ND by hand. I will get a milker for that 😂

I recently sold a Nigerian Dwarf in milk and warned that her teets were pretty tiny and that I recommended a milker. I figured they had one since they said they only have NDs and milk them often. A few days later after getting her they replied telling me she was too small and wouldn’t be milking her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom