Bring Yo Ring! Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some people milk Nigerian Dwarfs by hand but after milking a Nubian by hand I will never milk a ND by hand. I will get a milker for that 😂

I recently sold a Nigerian Dwarf in milk and warned that her teets were pretty tiny and that I recommended a milker. I figured they had one since they said they only have NDs and milk them often. A few days later after getting her they replied telling me she was too small and wouldn’t be milking her.
Yeah, I've milked a few ND before and it's a bit difficult. It didn't help that the particular goat wouldn't hold still and would kick though.
For our first few goats I want to get one that is used to being milked. So that way when we breed her, she kids, and when we milk her she'll already be used to it even and though we're new it'll hopefully be a bit easier.

Yeah, I've milked a few ND before and it's a bit difficult. It didn't help that the particular goat wouldn't hold still and would kick though.
For our first few goats I want to get one that is used to being milked. So that way when we breed her, she kids, and when we milk her she'll already be used to it even and though we're new it'll hopefully be a bit easier.
Yes, them being used to milking will help a lot!
We have a bottlefed Nubian 8 week old, so we’re hoping she’ll be easy to milk. I need to read up on how to get them to be calm in the milk stand.

It’s raining here. Happy for the rain. It seems like it’s been way less humid here compared to last year. And although I hate the humidity I know rain makes food and grass grow and I need my garden, and grass for the cows and goats.

Results of my first pedicure ever.
PXL_20210619_222005418.jpg

I’m defrosting our dinner……we’re having venison steaks tonight! I pulled last pkg of back straps and a package of hind quarter sirloins out.
AF81CC62-99E6-4673-8D59-3E098E31AF01.jpeg

Picked some lettuce from the garden to make the salad, fried our first garden squash, steaks are venison harvested last fall. So a lot of self-sufficiency on a plate!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom