Bringing home geese

She flew 20 feet high?! :eek: When I first brought home Golly and Georgia my pair of American Buff Geese, Golly spooked when the dogs ran out into the yard. He went straight up about seven or eight feet and easily cleared the six foot fence to the run and landed in the pasture. Thankfully he wasn't used to the place yet and he was easy to round up and put back in the pen. Since then neither of them have ever attempted to clear the run or yard fence.
Yeah, I caught them on surveillance camera, see the circles? At that point Louie dropped to the ground and else climbed up over our Norwegian Spruces (bottom right corner is one but there are aBout 10 more on either side of driveway) and landed in neighbors yard. It was amazing to see. Also a bit worrisome!

Attachments

• 20190830_063503.jpg
    20190830_063503.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 10
Me too we have a mountain river down below us I’d hate for one to fly off and land there. But so far no more flying, I also clip my Muscovy ducks wing to keep them home. As for a pool I just have a large kiddy pool with having 18 waterfowl I have to drain an add fresh every other day. You may get more help on using a filter if you start a thread in the duck forum just because it’s more active than here.

Oh my stars!! :drool what beautiful geese! They look fabulous in their new home! Must be in pretty good shape to fly so well! Nighttime enclosure turned out great! Keep up the good work!!

Thanks all! They are warming up to us more every day. Follow us around already, but no touching lol. Love hanging out on the porch and depositing green rolls, sigh. For the third night now zero drama with herding to bed. So glad about that because the first few nights it was wearing us out. I'm going to try this filter from Lowes from Smart Pond. Looks promising.

Attachments

• 20190830_185201.jpg
    20190830_185201.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190830_171532.jpg
    20190830_171532.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 6
  • 20190830_144648.jpg
    20190830_144648.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
I just see your in VA on my phone I can't see where any one is. Beautiful green grass they will love their new home. I have had geese since 2007 and mine still don't want to be touched. They'll eat out of my hand but no touching. Hose=best friend lol

Back
Top Bottom