Brinsea Maxi II Advance Humidity

LittleLakesFarm

Songster
6 Years
Jun 15, 2013
I'm incubating duck eggs. 17 days to go. I recently transferred them into a new incubator as the old was was garbage. I purchased a new Brinsea Maxi II Avance yesterday. I cannot find an option on how to set the humidity on there anywhere. On the instructions, it shows that on the display it should read the Temperature & humidity. The display does show the Temp. & the day, but not the humidity %. There isn't even an option for it on the menu. Is this how it should be? It says to keep the water filled to a certain mark, which I have. Does it just regulate the humidity levels itself without me knowing what the levels are & I just have to trust it? I have a separate humidity gauge in there and it says 60%. It should be around 40%. I know the cheap little gadgets are not as reliable as Brinsea but that is apparently my only option??!!? Is there a humidity option somewhere on the incubator that I am not seeing?

you could buy this humidity gadget, i bought mine just in time, coz mine was on about 86% throughout incubation, i was sooooo shocked! its meant to be around 55%!!!!
Sorry i don't really know how to answer your question properly but I've never had the II advance one! xx here s the link for the humidity gadget..... xxx
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331348043318?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I hope all goes well, keep me posted! I hope this is what you basically wanted! xx

you could buy this humidity gadget, i bought mine just in time, coz mine was on about 86% throughout incubation, i was sooooo shocked! its meant to be around 55%!!!!
Sorry i don't really know how to answer your question properly but I've never had the II advance one! xx here s the link for the humidity gadget..... xxx
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331348043318?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I hope all goes well, keep me posted! I hope this is what you basically wanted! xx
Thank you so much! I have 2 of those I am using now. I have contacted the Brinsea supplier & apparently this model does not have a humidity gauge so I will just have to use my little gadgets! :love

I also have this model with 14 black copper eggs in it, where are you keeping the vent on the front set, open or partly close? I have try to find info on it and cannot not u tube videos show some close and some open.

I also have this model with 14 black copper eggs in it, where are you keeping the vent on the front set, open or partly close? I have try to find info on it and cannot not u tube videos show some close and some open.
I think it depends on the humidity reading inside the incubator as to how far open the vent should be. Right now I have mine all the way opened but I am trying to lower the humidity to reach 45-55% (for ducks). I think you will have to get a humidity gauge gadget in order to get it right & just keep an eye on it. We will probably have to play around with it for awhile until we get it accurate. I hope this helps! :love

The recommended levels to fill reservoirs must be based on standard temperature and pressure levels. Since that does not apply in real life (e.g. weather pattern changes will either increase or decrease pressure on a daily basis) then, as suggested by Littlelakesfarm - it's a case of using your RH gauges and playing around until you find the settings that suit you.

Back
Top Bottom