56-60gram 10 seconds

60-64grams 11 seconds

and so on

i had a range of eggs starting at 54 grams and going up to 64 grams

i set mine to 11 seconds and it turned them fine

15 seconds i think is too much

Last edited:
Thanks alot, i set mine at 13, it looks fine right now,
It my first time hatching, is there any other things i need to watch for?
And important tips?
How does the humidity work? I have one pot full right now, when should i fill it , or should i fill it?:(

humidity is seen using a hygrometer

get one and keep it to what you think is best around 30-45%

mine over the days started at 45% and is now at 30% as i weight the eggs and adjust accordingly

a single pot should give you that range

once on day 18 and into lockdown bring it up to between 65% and 70% i have seen on the mini 65%-70% is sufficiant as the incubator is small and can get up to speed at that RH level the perspex will steam up and condesate that is perfectly normal

to get to 65%-70% all you need to do is fill both pots up to the inner divide and make sure you place the pot grill so not let the chicks drown once hatched

good luck

Last edited:
Thanks silverfox.

Never having used the mini (or any other) before, it's nice to hear from someone who has to inject a little confidence.

How would a hygrometer work with the mini? Which sort do you use and where does it go? Sorry about all the questions but I am currently just following the Brinsea instructions and sitting here fingers crossed.

Thanks silverfox.

Never having used the mini (or any other) before, it's nice to hear from someone who has to inject a little confidence.

How would a hygrometer work with the mini? Which sort do you use and where does it go? Sorry about all the questions but I am currently just following the Brinsea instructions and sitting here fingers crossed.

with regards to the hygrometer i still havnt found a clear solution as such as the mini is pretty small and the hygrometers pretty big 3 inch diameter

and that wont fit inside the mini

my mini is a EX version so i get auto humiity control so i dont need a seperate hygrometer

what i would suggest is look into finding a small hygrometer or something that is elongated

or then try the wet bulb method with the wick inside the pot and the thermometer just sitting on to of the grill

I filled t yesterday (firstday) at 2pm,
Woke up today for school at 7:30 it was halfway!
So i just topped it off.(one pot)
Is it okay?
And what should keep the turning interval at?(right now 180mins)

Silverfox,

The EX looks nice but is a little more expensive than I want to pay at this stage (doesn't stop me having some pangs of envy though). I only have 3 girls at the moment and 7 eggs that I picked up from a breeder so I'll have to make do with the mini advance. I hope everything's OK in there. I am planning on candling on Day 10 (Thursday) so until then I guess I just wait...

Back
Top Bottom