Brinsea Mini

stirkle

Songster
9 Years
Mar 13, 2010
Hi,

I got a brinsea mini incubator... the one that does not have the humidity thing on it...

I have 6 indian runner ducks in at the moment which have been in since monday... impatience is not good might I add...

However... I am worried about the humidity of the incubator... the manual said to have one cup full at all times as a rule of thumb but I don't want anything to happen to the ducklings... as you can imagine... 28 days will be long enough... but if I have to wait another 28 days I will be very unhappy... I have no runner ducks in the garden... only some very handsome chickens...

Anyone have any guidelines to get the right humidity levels?

Thanks

51029_photo_on_2010-03-13_at_1200.jpg

51029_photo_on_2010-03-13_at_1200_2.jpg

Just a couple of pictures of mr. alfonso

Follow the instructions and weigh your eggs and chart their weights. We also have the Brinsea Mini and found that living in AZ with its low humidity, I had to fill both cups to maintain humidity in the incubator.

That said, we had our first pips on our first hatch last night! Now we just wait and watch!

Your best bet would to quickly buy a hydrometer and stick it in there, just to be sure. Two seconds of open-ing (unless we're at lockdown) would be worth it! At least, in my opinion.
big_smile.png

A good one that measures hydro/temp very accurately is a $8.00 one from Meijer/Wally World that goes into a hermit crab cage. I love mine, don't hatch without it!

Back
Top Bottom