Brinsea Octagon Advance

Lemonpie

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 21, 2012
Hi,

We are on day 19 nearly day 20 in a few hours. We are only getting around 55% humidity at the moment. The trays are full up to the brim and we have even put an extra container of water and its not going up. If we close the vent we will get 60% but that means there is restricted air flow, what should I do?

Hi,

We are on day 19 nearly day 20 in a few hours. We are only getting around 55% humidity at the moment. The trays are full up to the brim and we have even put an extra container of water and its not going up. If we close the vent we will get 60% but that means there is restricted air flow, what should I do?
Try taking a paper towel and lay it across the channels, slightly tucking it into the water. (So the paper towels extend from side to side and across the center. This will increase the surface area for better evaporation.

Good luck! What are you hatching?

We are hatching Black Copper Marans, Araucana and maybe some other variations of the maran

Can you take a photo of what you mean? I think I get it but i'm not sure!

Don't worry!! Paper Towel is my lifesaver. We put it in, soaked it a little bit and it rose to 70%.

Great! Many people seem to have the same issue at lockdown with the Brinsea, I think because the fan moves so much air.

I live in the high desert, so I have the humidity pump and still had to use the channels and paper towels.

Good luck on your hatch. BCM chicks are my favorites with their little tuxedos. They look like penguins!

Here are the photos of the ones I have hatched under a broody bantam white crested black polish. They all hatched on day 20 which was Monday this week. Hopefully we have some more!! The first photo is an Araucana, the second is the BCM and the third is hopefully golden salmon maran.

Back
Top Bottom