brinsea octagon econ 20

vpeterson

Songster
11 Years
May 2, 2009
Forest Lake, Minnesota
My husband is getting one for me for my birthday (next week). It sounds like this one holds the temp steady but what about the humidity?
Anybody out there have any issues trying to control the humidity on one of these?

Quote:
Your lucky I have heard those are the best incubators around I am regretting not buying one. I think the extra chunk of change maeks a big diffrence in tempeture and humidity control. I have a hovabator and I am still working on getting the temp stable.

Henry

did anyone ever get back to you? I want for xmas - but i dont know if the eco model has humidity level problems? or i should save more and get the advance model? What did you do?

I got a Brinsea Eco 20 (holds 24 eggs) back in the spring. After using a borrowed styrofoam bator, then my own homemade incubator-both of which worked ok-there is no comparison IMHO. Temps in the Brinsea--no problem. Humidity--very easy to control. I had bought 24 eggs here on BYC. They were shipped thru the postal service, and 100% of the eggs hatched in the Brinsea. It's got to be one of the best and easiest incubators you can use. I got the auto-turner. This thing holds temps rock steady.

Last edited:
Quote:
I too have noticed that temp and humidity stays right within the range it should. This bator is almost automatic. If there was a way to put water in without opening they thing it would be PERFECT.

Back
Top Bottom