Brizi's Chick Growth Tracking (Updated 04/01) Week 6

WEEK 5

They're starting to look all grown up. šŸ˜­ Unfortunately, it's looking like the girls may have to stay in their brooder until week 7. We hoped to get them out by week 6, but we're running into some delays building the roof on the run. I hate it for them, but we want the run to be completely predator-proof. I guess our guest bathroom will have to be stinky for a while longer.

Jersey Giant (Emma) - She looks less like an awkward teenager now. šŸ¤£ She finally has some nice feathering, a decent comb, and some little gray-ish wattles coming in.

20230324_185054.jpg

Leghorn (Molly) - She's really starting to look white, as opposed to very light yellow. Her comb is pretty darn big, but it's all yellow. Her tiny wattles are sliiightly pink.

20230324_184411.jpg

New Hampshire Red (Clover) - She's still a little scraggly looking, but she's getting there! Like Molly, her comb is all yellow and her wattles are just a little bit pink.

20230324_184536.jpg

Golden Cuckoo Maran (Lindy Lou) - She's been such a gentle girl since we first got her. She's 6-7 weeks old, unlike the others.

20230324_184711.jpg

WEEK 6

Group photo of my pretty girls! I'm no longer worried that they're cockerels. They've all got flesh-colored combs and wattles with just a hint of pink. Molly (the Leghorn) and Clover (the New Hampshire Red) are still friendly as ever. Lindy Lou (the Cuckoo Maran) has started to get a bit bossy with the other girls, but she is 1-2 weeks older so I suppose that makes sense. Emma (the Black Jersey Giant) is still somewhat standoffish with us, but she is great with the other girls and doesn't get picked on by Lindy.

We've been going crazy doing stuff this week, so I didn't get individual pictures. We've been working on the run for 2-3 hours a day, and we've been trying to clean our house which is a disaster because of all the time we've been spending outside. šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

20230331_182254.jpg

Back
Top Bottom