Broiler Sire Line Male & Female

nicalandia

Free Ranging
14 Years
Jul 16, 2009
Stuck In a Dream
My Coop
My Coop
Ok guys...so I have access to both Parent lines of Broilers, Now I have a Sire line Cockerel and a Broiler Sire line Female the Male and Female are 8th Month old now, REX the cockerel is 10lbs and Sonya is 7lbs, the Hen has not lay any eggs yet, I espect her to do that soon, but I have seen some that start at 10 months old so...(not to be confused with the early layers of the Dame line hens)...

here is my boy..

Now Sonya

What do you guys think? I know they look dirty but its rainy season and mud and white feathers dont go together...
lol.png

well ALL broilers have some Cornish and Rock blood in them BUT...!!! their breeding programs are a top secret thing...the broilers you see here are the SIRE line parents...if I breed them together I will get the same thing out of them they breed true to that line...the Dame line is a Smaller size breed BUT they Lay like champions.....

Hi nicalandia, Rex has a lot going for him, great leg and chest development. Sonya carries those characteristics through.
So Rex is a complete stand alone line and Sonya is a diferentline?

Quote:
thanks gotfeather, Rex and Sonya are of the same SIRE line of Broilers, they are one of the Grand parent line of broilers, of that mating you get the father of all the broilers sold to the public, hens like sonya are not the mother of the end product broilers, she is the grand mother.....she has a large frame large breast and rapid growth, but she is not the laying type....she is 7 month old and has yet to lay an egg....

ok she started to lay about a month ago...but she is laying very inconsistenly and her eggs vary in size from 40g one day to 70g the next day........as expected from Sire line hens...cristmas is coming soon, and at the local meat market, and I can get my hand on spent breeders

Back
Top Bottom