Broke my Foot....

I got a good one for you. I came in the house on a Saturday a few weeks ago. I took my boots off, now mind you I never hit my foot tripped or anything. Sat down for 10 minutes at my computer, got up and could not walk on my foot. It was instantly swollen. I iced it for three days before swelling went down. Doctor found nothing wrong. Every once in a while it hurts but as long as I keep my boots on it doesn't bother me.

Quote:
I'm pretty doubtful on that one. My brother didn't have any insurance and was terribly injured. He now owes $20,000 approximately for the air-lift and admittance...

Emergency rooms are not free if you are poor. My step daughter is uninsured and unemployed and her last visit to the ER because she had the flu was over $9000. ER is for emergencies.

Well , I had a 5,000 plus bill and I found the right person at the hospital and the hospital wrote it off. I had to prove I could not afford to pay back and had to speak to the right people. Hospitals have lots of money for this type of thing unless you do it on a continuing basis. I am just telling you my own experience and how it worked out for me. I was very grateful and humbled, because I well expected to pay for years, to get it paid off.
smile.png

I wanna join the clumsy club!

I broke a toe dancing to a song that includes the word "make these broken weary bones rise to dance again.

I broke the toe next to it a few months later by means of a can of green beans.

I broke my ankle and foot dancing my slip jig. Get it? Slip jig?

Quote:
You probably broke your baby toe. I broke my big once kicking a cat down the staircase and fell with him (he peed on my work clothes!!!!) Serves me right for kicking a cat. Anyways, the big toes broken felt like the middle one was.

Do you have an acute care clinic near you? Sometimes they are called walk in health clinics or after hours clinics. You can call them and find out what their fees are ahead of time. Tell them you'd need an exam and an xray and see what it would cost. I had to take my son to one when he had an allergic reaction when we were out of state and it cost about $60 if I remember right. That might be an option so you can be seen earlier.

Quote:
That's where my foot hurt when I broke the metatarsal. Is the pain on top or below your foot, or is it just that whole area that hurts?

I had a broken fifth metatarsal, which is the bone that joins the fifth toe.

Until medical care: Wear stiff soled shoes with no heel. Something like a hiking boot is best, but a tennis shoe that doesn't flex much is also good. That's what my podiatrist put me in.

I hope you feel better soon. Foot pain is terrible to deal with.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom