Broken drywall used for calcium?

Worse, a lot of dry wall now on the market is made in China. People are having problems with toxic building syndrome. Who knows what they put into that drywall.

Google drywall and China. Now think twice before you toss that busted up dry wall into the chicken yard.

Rufus

You may not even have to give them oyster shell or any calcium supplement, unless you have fragile shells. All i give mine are layer crumbles and my shells are fine for now.

DONT USE IT for calcium, a child just died in Virginia from eating drywall, it has chemicals mixed in with it, it shut her organs down the parents didnt realize she was picking the wall and eating it till it was too late.......
sad.png

GLASS FIBERS. Drywall is strengthened with GLASS FIBERS. Ingesting those is good for neither man nor beast. You know what happens when a rat chews a nest into a batt of fiberglass insulation? No more rat...well, an ex-rat in your wall. I can't see how a chicken eating the glass "hairs" in drywall would fare any better.

Last edited:
Agricultural gypsum or LandPlaster is used as an additive to soil to help with depleted calcium levels. I use it to harden off peanut shells before pulling and to keep Blossom End Rot off my tomatoes.

It's not dangerous per se, but I wouldn't eat a lot of something that turned solid when mixed with water.

Daisey, I wouldn't eat 99% of what a free range chicken would eat.

Last edited:
Yea I was gonna say same thing Rufus said. Saw reports on people being put out of their house from the toxic Chinese drywall. Many people ask me why I bought a home built in 1972 rather than a new one. This is a good example why. The building codes changed in 1980 and garbage was then used to build houses ( particle board instead of wood, knotty/rotten studs etc)...this Chinese drywall is the latest example and in Texas we now have fake Mexican brick . So now we have houses falling apart on the outside and toxic on the inside...no thanks!

Look up images on google of the sulfur/oxidation thing from Chinese drywall.

Quote:
I wouldn't eat oyster shell either.
wink.png

or chicken poop, chipmunks, beetles, poison ivy, hair, string, worms mosquitos, ants, styrophome, newspaper...

Nothing wrong with chipmunk or squirrel btw...perfectly edible..

As for chickens eating styrofoam....I never said WOULD your chickens eat it.....more of would you....

Common sense trumps saving a few pennies in my books....

Back
Top Bottom