Broken egg, chicks chirping

Shoptopodi

Songster
May 17, 2018
Hi, i just found this egg broken under the broody hen, the chick is chirping but the membrane is tore up (please see the the photos). Will the chick be ok? She's a new mama and i think sometimes confused with the chirping and pecked and made a hole in a egg that was not ready yet. I don't have any incubator. What can i do? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20210603_134733.jpg
    20210603_134733.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 68
  • 20210603_134744.jpg
    20210603_134744.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 21
It's not peeping but breathing, moving little and moving the beaks. Do i apply coconut oil all over the body? I've put it under the chicken, coz it's getting cold☹
At least over the membranes. You can peel the egg shell back and apply coconut oil to the membrane and if there are no veins peel it gently. The one vein across the chick looks like it could bleed. Yeah, if you don't have a way to keep it warm, the mama hen should be the best. At day 20 they are viable. They can hatch up to 2 days early and 2 days later.

At least over the membranes. You can peel the egg shell back and apply coconut oil to the membrane and if there are no veins peel it gently. The one vein across the chick looks like it could bleed. Yeah, if you don't have a way to keep it warm, the mama hen should be the best. At day 20 they are viable. They can hatch up to 2 days early and 2 days later.
I've peeled the shell back to almost to the end, didn't touch the membrane. I don't see anything out but the stomach is still attach to the membrane and wet. I'll apply oil to the membrane. Thanks a lot. This is my second time hatching and I'm very nervous 😓

Back
Top Bottom